International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

hope one of them is free from parasitic white .
you are working with some ones else faults . you did not add to it new blood with different traits .
now you have to be very strict in future selection . .only the best one will breed .
I think you have a healthy number of chicks from different combination . we will see witch one is free from troubles .
Only need one great pair of very nice trio to work with in the future .

chooks man
I hope so too! What I am also worried about is losing the BLCM. I hope we can find one free of the white.

to have a good idea the true color of the under fluff ,you need to look at it in day time .outside .
inside light are not true spectrum . you need the sun light .
chooks man
I plucked a couple feathers one from tail and one from hackle. I will start by looking at it in the sunlight. Then try and catch him. Might be a challenge.

I will keep BLC in a laying pen for future possibilities.

BLC hens if nicely marked with a correct copper and correct Blue shade is hard to pass by .very hard to find .
as long as the breeder rooster is BC you will be fine . never use BLC rooster over BC hens except if you don t have another way .
chooks man

why not to use BLC roo over BC hen?

because of sex linked genes .
the hen only passes her sex linked genes to her sons only .
the rooster will passes his sex linked genes to both of his progeny .
using BC rooster as a breeder over BLC hens will maintain the uniform under fluff and plumage . plus the quality of the copper .
the Blue gene seem to dilute the copper ,especially if line bred .the Blue and the copper will get mashed out with time .

breeding the Blue is the most complicated work a person can do . because the Blue never breed true . need Black to maintain it ,

I have over 50 BLC pullets no 2 of them look a same . if I had 50 BC will be different story .they will look impressive uniform Black .
No more BLC breeding for me , only keeping few for a look that all . I will breed BC from them and I will sale them next year . lot people after them ,not me .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom