International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Best body type of them all . she is true brick type we are looking for . true marans body type .gorgeous long back and tail .

Keeper pen for sure . baby dark Angel that her name if you like .
I really like this pullet .
you see I will allow the fault on the girls but not the boys . because now you have 2 sires progeny .

chooks man

Agreed she is a nice little pullet. I will set up a pen for improving eye color with mostly clear eyed birds then I will use the dark eyed pullets in other breedings hopefully. Hate to count my chickens before they full grow out and mature. Lol

yes will be used for single mating breeding programs . only pullet /hen will be in the cage .rooster will be in a larger pen ,we take the hens to them for mating . this way I can try on cockerel with as many hens as I like 10 to 30 . single mating is a proper way to build a line foundation . when that is established I can move to stage 2 .breeding the proven breeders as a group .pen breeding .

pullets/hen will stay in the cage only for 2 weeks .
these cages will be used for many things . like you said will last for ever

chooks man

Ahhhh. Much simpler than moving the cockerel around every day.
I like this way.

I was planning on building three 4x6 pens and moving the cockerel between them all as was described a couple years ago on this thread.

So much work. This way is easier and my pens can be smaller.

oh yeah we are talking good now .he is sublime . he is your ticket out of the trouble .look after him like he is the only one in the farm .
I like him very much . Sire please?
you have done great ,quality is always greater than quantity .

chooks man

His sire is Dark Halo and his Dam is Malika. Malika is where he got his good quality copper. He is taking the clear eyes after Dark Halo. I moved him and a few other grow outs to a larger pen today. :)

love they type ,chunky and long .lovely tail angle at this age .great head and legs .
I like the young cockerel better . gorgeous every thing for the moment ,just we have to wait for the copper to appear . hope is correct . who is a sire?
do no keep the golden hackle cockerels .you have to finish with this fault ,can t let it establish it self and become bred true fault ,than will be very hard to breed it out .

I m please for you ,you have paired Dark Angel with your hens .wishing you a great hatch .

chooks man

Thank you! We will be culling all of the Golden hackle birds (we call them lemon necked). I hope to thin quite a few birds out this weekend. :)

never mind her dark eyes .she is all perfect for what we looking for .Every post on her is correct except her dark eyes .
stunning long body type .great great plumage type and color .lovely tail . lovely head / copper to die for .complete hackle marking .and I can keep going and going .

Stunning . BRAVO my dear friend .
she is too perfect .
Sire please ?

we are going to create a keeper pen .so far .
cockerels = broken wing
pullet= this one ,you better name her well ,because we are going to hear about her . Like Sheraz before her ..

chooks man

Thank you for your feedback. Im glad you like her as much as I do. Dark Angel is her sire. I caught her up and penned her with Broken Wing and a few others for the time being to keep them safe.

Best body type of them all . she is true brick type we are looking for . true marans body type .gorgeous long back and tail .

Keeper pen for sure . baby dark Angel that her name if you like .
I really like this pullet .
you see I will allow the fault on the girls but not the boys . because now you have 2 sires progeny .

chooks man

Dark Halo is her sire. Another offspring of DH and Malika. The copper I am seeing coming in is deep like Malika and Queen's. I caught her up and penned her today as well. :)

These are from July, they are all a bit bigger now. The first one is Pierre, the second pic is Felix and Fifi together.

Attachments

• Pierre 27 July 2020.jpg
    Pierre 27 July 2020.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20200730_153914.jpg
    20200730_153914.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom