International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Here is a pullet from this line.
forget about a white for the moment .
I m interested on his gorgeous copper and complete body pattern .

my friend you can not focus only on they faults ,you have to be able to see where they exile too .what they best trait/traits .

chooks man
Thank you for this. I sometimes feel like I am going backwards by introducing Marans with the white as a fault.

I guess i am really just trading high tails fault for white fault.

Which is the lesser of two evils? Haha

Here is a picture of one of the lovely pullets from this line

I do like these cockerels a lot.

Attachments

• 20210623_171214.jpg
    20210623_171214.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210623_171223.jpg
    20210623_171223.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20210623_171248.jpg
    20210623_171248.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20210623_171401.jpg
    20210623_171401.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Here is a pullet from this line.
Thank you for this. I sometimes feel like I am going backwards by introducing Marans with the white as a fault.

I guess i am really just trading high tails fault for white fault.

Which is the lesser of two evils? Haha

Here is a picture of one of the lovely pullets from this line

I do like these cockerels a lot.

are these photos of a same hen ?

my friend to breed great marans lines ,you need to have very wide genes pool .other wise you will run into breeding depression before even you go far ,

now you have most of marans traits ,in all in one birds but split between lot of them . don t forget they are not line .they are chooks you bought so you can breed your line from them . but still they are some one else line . never forget that .

the way I see it now you have to breed your lines of BCM from these birds . lot breeding ,lot chicks to hatch ,lot of culling ,in the end after few generation of breeding you will see your work start to shine and your lines start taking shape .will take years and years .
your birds are worthy to work with . yeah they have faults . my chooks have faults too . so what .
we are breeding them not showing them . it is not how they look what mater to us .what really mater is how they reproduce . great birds does not guaranty to reproduce them selves .

chooks man
chooks man

are these photos of a same hen ?

my friend to breed great marans lines ,you need to have very wide genes pool .other wise you will run into breeding depression before even you go far ,

now you have most of marans traits ,in all in one birds but split between lot of them . don t forget they are not line .they are chooks you bought so you can breed your line from them . but still they are some one else line . never forget that .

the way I see it now you have to breed your lines of BCM from these birds . lot breeding ,lot chicks to hatch ,lot of culling ,in the end after few generation of breeding you will see your work start to shine and your lines start taking shape .will take years and years .
your birds are worthy to work with . yeah they have faults . my chooks have faults too . so what .
we are breeding them not showing them . it is not how they look what mater to us .what really mater is how they reproduce . great birds does not guaranty to reproduce them selves .

chooks man
chooks man
Yes. It is all the same bird from from line#3.

I will get pictures of some from line #1+2

Back
Top Bottom