International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

20230129_160837-jpg.3390269

@marchick
Blue band .gorgeous comb .if he is the biggest than we keep him to breed only pullets from him .we want to maintein the large size and the correct comb .his daughter will be large with correct comb .
white band rooster we breed cockerels from him ,we select for less white .
chooks man

20230129_160837-jpg.3390269

@marchick
Blue band .gorgeous comb .if he is the biggest than we keep him to breed only pullets from him .we want to maintein the large size and the correct comb .his daughter will be large with correct comb .
white band rooster we breed cockerels from him ,we select for less white .
chooks man
Sounds good! Because other than the white I really like his size and wide breast. There is a possibility he might be older about 8 weeks and the others flll out more. I didn't plan the second hatch. Really I didn't plan either hatch. I had my Blc rooster in a pen with the three BC hens. She set on them and I let her hatch them. I did a hatch before that and only one BC cockerel from that hatch. It was a bad hatch. I was trying to see if a rooster I lost if eggs where fertile so I put them in to hatch. None of them hatched. I had a couple other eggs I threw in and hatched one of the BC cockerels. There is a possibility I banded the one cockerel. I am for sure I didn't wing band the three the hen hatched out. She was a killer mom! Very protective! Attacked me when I went to feed! I left them alone! Lol

Than we are keeping the blue band .
To make it clear we are keeping the white band and the blue band .
The white band to breed cockerels from him .
The blue band to breed pullets from him .
Do you have more question my dear friend.
Chooks man
Thank you Chooks man! No more questions. I am a little worried that one cockerel is being a bratt. My husband said he lunged at him but he's not sure which one. I had one tag me from behind and I also don't know which one did it. The Blcm rooster out there did that too when he was young but actually grew out of it. He never bothers me now. Let's hope it wasn't blue or white tag or they grow out of it.

Thank you Chooks man! No more questions. I am a little worried that one cockerel is being a bratt. My husband said he lunged at him but he's not sure which one. I had one tag me from behind and I also don't know which one did it. The Blcm rooster out there did that too when he was young but actually grew out of it. He never bothers me now. Let's hope it wasn't blue or white tag or they grow out of it.
hope the Blue tag and the white tag are gentle .
chooks man

@marchick when you have time please can you few photos of your BC hens ,I love to see how they look like ,haven t seen photos of them as adult yet .
cheers
chooks man
I know we don't want to breed Blcm. I have one blcm hen that lays these eggs. I would love to pass that gene on. I love the shape, color and speckles. I am not sure which hen but I am going to find out. What do you think? I will try to get pictures of BC hens here soon. Today is raining so probably tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20230205_094722.jpg
    20230205_094722.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I know he has a lot of white but corect body type ,good tail and stunning copper .
where they come from? if you know .
chooks man
I bought 12 chicks - Little Peddler. I lost all but 6, three pullets and three cockerels. I will add pics when I have a little time. Thank you, I like him too. He is 10 months old. He is the only cockerel I kept.

@marchick when you have time please can you few photos of your BC hens ,I love to see how they look like ,haven t seen photos of them as adult yet .
cheers
chooks man
This is the hen with the M comb. She is a big girl and I really like her. Except for the comb. She has the best color of the three BC hens. White and orange leg band.

Attachments

• 20230205_130138.jpg
    20230205_130138.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230205_130125.jpg
    20230205_130125.jpg
    944.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230205_130032.jpg
    20230205_130032.jpg
    982.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230205_122756.jpg
    20230205_122756.jpg