Introducing: BackYard Robots - April Fools 2017

1.The # of years you’ve owned chickens
30years give or take
2. What other BackYard animals do you own that you’d like help with
Horse goats dogs
3. Examples of three tasks you’d like your BackYard Robot to take over / do for you
Take out the trash, cook meals, process poultry, harness and hitch my horse to the carriage, Stack hay, Grade my road, run fence lines, Chase off: Coyotes, Bobcats, mountain lions, feral dogs and neighbor kids.

Oops Pick any three

Last edited:
1.The # of years you’ve owned chickens
[COLOR=0000FF]30years give or take[/COLOR]
2. What other BackYard animals do you own that you’d like help with
[COLOR=0000FF]Horse goats dogs[/COLOR]
3. Examples of three tasks you’d like your BackYard Robot to take over / do for you
[COLOR=0000FF]Take out the trash,  cook meals, process poultry, harness and hitch my horse to the carriage,  Stack hay,  Grade my road, run fence lines, Chase off: Coyotes, Bobcats, mountain lions, feral dogs and neighbor kids.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]Oops Pick any three[/COLOR]
Robots can't count - you're good
1f60a.png

1. About 4 years
2. Children
3. I would like the robot to drive my kids to school, get rid of rats and flies, and clean up the chicken poop. And entertain me by playing music and making pleasant conversation. It could be my helper and my new best friend!

I have had Chickens and ducks for almost 50 years now.
I have 52 chickens, 8 ducks and 3 dogs.
I would like help with collecting of eggs, feeding and watering, opening and closing of coops, picking up after them would be nice too!

Oh, WOW! This is brilliant! When I think of how many ways I could use something like this....

1. The number of years you've owned chickens: Four. Four puny years, although sometimes it feels like 40 years and other times it feels like 4 days. If you're counting, that's 4 years of lugging bags of feed bigger than I am (Yes, Nifty, some things ARE bigger than I am) 4 years of sloshing water in my shoes when I fill the bucket, 4 years of finding coop poop on the bedroom carpet despite having changed into coop shoes out there, 4 years of peeping, squawking, crowing, egg songs and panic cries, 4 years of finding smooshed eggs in my jacket pocket, 4 years of ........ sheesh, why in the heck am even raising chickens????

2. What other BackYard animals do you own that you'd like help with: None. I ain't the brightest crayon in the box but I ain't stupid enough to take on anything else after reading paragraph one!

3.Examples of three tasks you'd like your BackYard robot to take over/ do for you:
Rake, bag and store all the leaves I use in the coop and run. Periodically dump said leaves in the coop and run.

Build a divider between the backyard and the rest of the yard where the chickens seem to congregate despite all efforts to keep them out.

Guard the veggie and flower garden.

Dust them for mites....the chickens, not the robots. I mean, have the robots dust the chickens, not themselves. If the robots get mites I know I have a bigger problem than a few of the little pests every once in awhile and I ain't going outside ever ever again.

Turn the ever-increasing doggone compost heap.

Did I pass the application program and do I get the robots, did I huh huh?? If I didn't, and Sour or Banty get them, will you please program the robots to bite people in the hiney? Thanks.

Oh, WOW!  This is brilliant!  When I think of how many ways I could use something like this....

1.  [COLOR=0000CD]The number of years you've owned chickens:[/COLOR]  Four.  Four puny years, although sometimes it feels like 40 years and other times it feels like 4 days.  If you're counting, that's 4 years of lugging bags of feed bigger than I am (Yes, Nifty, some things ARE bigger than I am) 4 years of sloshing water in my shoes when I fill the bucket, 4 years of finding coop poop on the bedroom carpet despite having changed into coop shoes out there, 4 years of peeping, squawking, crowing, egg songs and panic cries, 4 years of finding smooshed eggs in my jacket pocket, 4 years of ........ sheesh, why in the heck am even raising chickens????

2. [COLOR=0000CD]What other BackYard animals do you own that you'd like help with:[/COLOR]   None.  I ain't the brightest crayon in the box but I ain't stupid enough to take on anything else after reading paragraph one!

3.[COLOR=0000CD]Examples of three tasks you'd like your BackYard robot to take over/ do for you:  [/COLOR]
Rake, bag and store all the leaves I use in the coop and run. Periodically dump said leaves in the coop and run.  

Build a divider between the backyard and the rest of the yard where the chickens  seem to congregate despite all efforts to keep them out.  

Guard the veggie and flower garden.

Dust them for mites....the chickens, not the robots.  I mean, have the robots dust the chickens, not themselves.  If the robots get mites I know I have a bigger problem than a few of the little pests every once in awhile and I ain't going outside ever ever again.  

Turn the ever-increasing doggone compost heap.

Did I pass the application program and do I get the robots, did I huh huh??  If I didn't, and Sour or Banty get them, will you please program the robots to bite people in the hiney?  Thanks.

Erm, Nifty, can you please program hers to serve chocolate every hour? Pleaaase?

1.) I've owned my own chickens for 8 years.
2.) We could use help with our goats, and we have ducks too!
3.) Don't get me wrong, I love tending to my flock! I just think this is really neat and could be handy for other folks! But it would be helpful for it to distribute portioned feed and refill water. My husband said for the third idea, he would like for it to put the catch the ducks and put them up at night! :)

1. 9 years
2. A dog and 3 kids
3. Level the land at the back, build another coop, set up automatic feeding and watering, cut the grass, clean off the solar panels, let the penguins out, collect eggs, and rake out the coop.

I would be careful though as these things now have so much machine learning ability that they will probably also take over your home and then the world.

Back
Top Bottom