Introducing me, Beccy B!

Would an average sized female Aylesbury duck fit through a doorway of 22x30cms?

• Total voters

Beccy B

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2018
Hmm, well this feels a little awkward, I guess hello should be my starting point, I hope you and you feathered friends are all well and managed to avoid the dinner table over Christmas! I’m just going to tell you all the big stuff first so those of you that want to judge, can get it out of the way so that we can be friends! Here goes...
I am married to a guy who is much older than I am his 78 years to my 40, we married in 2012. I have 2 girls from my previous husband,(who was also 20 Years my senior) Who left me for an older, blonder woman! Life has not been easy for me, husband 1 left just before my second child was born with no warning. After my section,I brought my two girls up for their first 5 years alone despite having Fibromyalgia,borderline personality disorder, cyclothymia and badly controlled Epilepsy; Gray, my current husband is the only dad my girls (10&14) have ever known. I have no family despite growing up in a large family.My sister and I were both adopted from different families but always grew up as sisters.I had a hard time growing up needing to’find myself ‘ more than most. My wonderful mum died when I was 25, although I’d left home at 16,I hadn’t really cut the apron strings, and lost my Dad in 2011, followed my my grandma, grandma and grandad and 2 uncles, on Christmas Day my sister has told me not to contact her or my niece and nephews again due to something stupid our kids did. The rest of my family, aunts, uncles and cousins disowned me after burying dad’s ashes and won’t tell me why!!
I take many pills each day and don’t leave my house often. Consequently, I have pets which I love. 2 Cavaliers,5 cats, 2 axolotls and my little lovely Gilly, my five month old bearded dragon! So Aaaaany way, that’s mostly me warts and all, so here’s the good bit, Hubby has finally given in to me having ducks, hence my reason for joining and hopefully make some friends! Also wanted to ask...
I’ve seen a duck house that looks very practical. The ducks I want are 2 Aylesbury females, what’s the average size as I need to find out it they’ll fit through the door! Also where’s the best place to get Aylesbury duck chicks in stoke or Staffs? Thanks guys

Good morning Beccy, and welcome to BYC! :frow

Wow, you really did lay it all out there. :th

So sorry for the challenges you faced. Mental illness AND family struggles are something a lot of us face. :hugs

I have found myself left with only my chosen family and not my birth family, which of course bugs worse at the holidays. :hit

But I'm SOOO blessed by the family and FEW friends I do have! :celebrate

I personally would choose chickens over ducks after having both. But I know we all are different. Sorry I don't have the answer to your size thing.

But at least wanted to welcome you to a very helpful and caring community that offers both personal and animal support. The so many knowledgeable members have changed both my life and that of any fowl or even other species that I might keep in the future, forever. I am a much better/happier keeper now. :highfive:

Hardest thing about your hubby being older is that aging hurts! :barnie Of course for some reason not all genetics are the same and hopefully he chose the right parents so he could age well. In my 40's I'm already dismayed to feel the decline. No STUPID judgement here, just wish the best for you all! :)

:frow
ducks.gif
:woot
wel-co-byc-300.gif

Hello Beccy and welcome to BYC! :frow

I am so sorry about all the trials and tribulations you have had in life. :hugs Life sure can be tough. Just try not to dwell on the past and move forward. :hugs:)

Definitely stop by our Ducks forum to get answers for your questions.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our roost! :)

Hello Beccy!! Welcome to BYC!! It’s so nice to have you join us. welcome.gif

You've had your share of struggles.:hugs Unfortunately, we have no choice in picking those related to us. But I do believe that friends are the family we choose for ourselves. Surround yourself with good people who love you for who you are. I think Sourland's correct that you've come to the right place. Best wishes with the ducks you choose!

This video may help with learning how to navigate the new site.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us. :)

:welcome:celebrate

Glad you're here Beccy! x2 what Ken and Eggy said. No judgements here... unless it's your turn to bring the treats and you forget.... then we'll talk aboutcha!!! ;)

A must have for your poultry is a FIRST AID KIT for any issues that would arise. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/suggestions-for-a-first-aid-kit.1150128/)
It's definitely better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Also, make sure your coop(s) have a proper amount of VENTILATION. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-there-and-cut-more-holes-in-your-coop.47774/) Your chickens will absolutely thank you for it!

Back
Top Bottom