Iowa Blues - Breed thread and discussion

Pics
Quote:
Never thought I'd say it, but I am in agreement now. We are well over a mile from any dogs who would be able do this. All of my neighbors are farmers who should know better than to let their dogs run rampant. No excuse for any of them to be on our property. If I see any back here, they will at least be going home with a limp
sad.png

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Never thought I'd say it, but I am in agreement now. We are well over a mile from any dogs who would be able do this. All of my neighbors are farmers who should know better than to let their dogs run rampant. No excuse for any of them to be on our property. If I see any back here, they will at least be going home with a limp
sad.png

thumbsup.gif

Wow, didn't mean to kill this thread, Kari, have you had any luck trying to find replacements for your dog attack ?

Well actually, yes! I may be able to buy a small flock of 8 month old IA Blues from a breeder in Illinois. I think he had a couple auctions here on BYC and Schroeder Vanhorner may be hatching some eggs from him right now? If all works out I'll pick them up next week! Gotta dog proof the place over the weekend
hmm.png

Nice, that's a good jump back to where you were (or nearly). Good luck with the new ones!

Received some chicks from Sandhill today, in sorting I found everything except 1 Iowa blue of the 10. The one other chick didn't look like the other 9 but maybe he's just a different look. 2 of the chicks are black and more stout, 7 are cocoa brown, and the odd one was more of a gray. We'll see what they grow up into. Has trying to split out the other chicks in the box and think I did with some success. Photos of the Iowa Blue chicks to come. They're looking a little rough currently, they're smaller than the wyandottes and La Fleche, so they're wearing their water and food from their room mates.

Quote:
I got a dozen eggs from him yesterday, going into the bator tonite, hopefully will get a good hatch from them, also have the one hen from Steph that I'm still waiting for to start laying, but we've had some pretty chilly days here since I got them. Steph, how many eggs have you gotten so far, are both of yours laying now?? Glad to hear, hope to see pics soon Kari!!!

Iowa Blue Chicks from Sandhill. They look a little rough after dancing though their food and water, but still darn cute.

Iowa%20Blue%20Chick.jpg

Iowa%20Blue%20Chicks%202.jpg

Iowa%20Blue%20Chicks.jpg

Iowa%20Blue%20Chicks%203.jpg

Quote:
kari
there is a hole in 1 egg and it is peeping
i sure hope it makes it
what next ??????
how do you post photos??
its just like the Pointer Sisters......im so excited !!!!!
schroeder

Back
Top Bottom