Iowa or near to breeders?

kidsnchicks

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
I am wanting to get some Americaunas or EEs, I am wanting chicks or young pullets. If anyone is close or can dirrect me where to look I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Ha, thats right,lol, I forgot they were actually in Ia, Im used to everything be no where near me. I will have to check out the exact location to me! Thanks for the reminder!

Don't forget Welp Hatchery in Bancroft, IA too! I am also a breeder but can not supply EE's. I do have a friend in MN that has Lavendar Americaunas that are laying. Americaunas are the true or pure bred form of an EE. How to tell the difference... An EE has green legs while an Americauna has gray or slate legs and lays a blue egg. Green legs are not show quality if that is important to you. I should ask if you are looking for large fowl or bantam. All we raise are bantams.
Please PM me if I can be of any help. We live in the Okoboji area.

Last edited:
Thank you, I have been watching craigslist, but the 1 person I found that had EEs and pretty darn cheap too, he was getting them gone faster than I could get there to get them! We had some major shedule changes here last week due to school starting, means kids go back and I get to work,lol. But I do scope the adds at least once a day!

I would like to have a few standard size for my flock but my daughter would like to get a Bantum Roo and a couple of hens to show for 4H.

I have never heard of Welp Hatchery, I will check that out.

Back
Top Bottom