Is any one else hating the rain?

TheYLWFlock

Crowing
Apr 18, 2018
Kelowna, BC
Just a little complaint about the constant rain we’ve been getting. My goodness! This morning it was dumping BATHTUBS, I swear! So anyways, I’ve learned that the coop needs a bit more waterproofing. Good thing I’ve got everything we need. Some nice thick plastic stream liner to go over the whole roof and shingles will definitely be better than the old leaky tarp I’ve got on right now. Anyways I cleaned up the coop and mopped up the mess and put some new fresh shavings in. I’ll deal with everything else tomorrow, When I don’t have any school. I have to complain a bit about the run though! It’s gotten itself very muddy and poopy. Tomorrow I’m going to rake up a bunch of leaves and add those along with make some shavings and twigs to the run. And I’m finally going to get our run extension completed! That and a new heated nipple waterer, plus some guests coming to learn about chickens, should make it an interesting Saturday! I do feel a bit bad for the girls though. They only get to free range on supervision , and as much as I love them, I really don’t want to get chilled to the bone as well as soaked. I’m glad I got a short break n the weather his afternoon to get a few chores done! So long story short, I hate rain.

Ok, rant aside, anyone else feeling the pain of the rain? Let me hear you stories!

Just a little complaint about the constant rain we’ve been getting. My goodness! This morning it was dumping BATHTUBS, I swear! So anyways, I’ve learned that the coop needs a bit more waterproofing. Good thing I’ve got everything we need. Some nice thick plastic stream liner to go over the whole roof and shingles will definitely be better than the old leaky tarp I’ve got on right now. Anyways I cleaned up the coop and mopped up the mess and put some new fresh shavings in. I’ll deal with everything else tomorrow, When I don’t have any school. I have to complain a bit about the run though! It’s gotten itself very muddy and poopy. Tomorrow I’m going to rake up a bunch of leaves and add those along with make some shavings and twigs to the run. And I’m finally going to get our run extension completed! That and a new heated nipple waterer, plus some guests coming to learn about chickens, should make it an interesting Saturday! I do feel a bit bad for the girls though. They only get to free range on supervision , and as much as I love them, I really don’t want to get chilled to the bone as well as soaked. I’m glad I got a short break n the weather his afternoon to get a few chores done! So long story short, I hate rain.

Ok, rant aside, anyone else feeling the pain of the rain? Let me hear you stories!

Please feel free to post some of that rain to Queensland Australia! We have been in a severe drought this year and have had a few days of rain but not close enough to what we need.

We're in severe drought too, but I understand it's too much of a good thing. I definitely don't like when the run gets muddy and everything is cold and wet for days on end. I hope the storms pass and you get some sunshine. Let's trade!

We installed a 400 foot drain pipe last summer to drain our side yard. It always seems to be flowing like a hydrant into the road side ditch. And the ground is still covered with water!!
I'd happily send all our rain to you poor folks in the drought areas. This summer here in NY we were either broiling or drowning! And then winter showed up in one week and we seem to have missed our beautiful autumn. This has most definitely NOT been a good year weather wise.

Back
Top Bottom