Is anyone else feeling the desperation???

Quote:
What kind?

It's an auction for 5 different breeds of dark egg layers. I won't know which until I get them. It will be like Christmas morning opening that box.

Quote:
I have a splash lemon blue i hatched in May looks a lot like yours.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/jenjeran/2011-07-31_13-38-20_181.jpg

Very cute, I have another splash from the same hatch that is more of the white/blue. They are not as friendly as yours appears to be
smile.png

I have 13 Light Sussex eggs from my flock in the 'bator, along with a Coronation Sussex egg that a pullet layed today! Her 1st egg!
woot.gif
Then in the Brinsea due to hatch Tuesday I have two Serama eggs and two of Mrs. Fluffy Puffy's eggs.
smile.png

I have two older model GQF incubators, each can hold around 200-300 eggs each, and then I have my 1588 HB and my Brinsea Mini Advanced. Most of the time I use my HB, and then I use my Brinsea for smaller hatches (only holds 7 eggs.
sad.png
)

~ Aspen

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I have 13 Light Sussex eggs from my flock in the 'bator, along with a Coronation Sussex egg that a pullet layed today! Her 1st egg!
woot.gif
Then in the Brinsea due to hatch Tuesday I have two Serama eggs and two of Mrs. Fluffy Puffy's eggs.
smile.png

I have two older model GQF incubators, each can hold around 200-300 eggs each, and then I have my 1588 HB and my Brinsea Mini Advanced. Most of the time I use my HB, and then I use my Brinsea for smaller hatches (only holds 7 eggs.
sad.png
)

~ Aspen

I aspire to have more incubators like you.
lol.png
Very exciting to hatch the Coronation Sussex with her first egg.​

I only have 11 eggs under a broody right now. I had many many many baby chicks earlier this year and now I am feeling it. LOL

They are growing up and needing to be separated into separate pens and I have roosters to get rid of and feed costs continue to soar....but my want for more varieties or projects never ends LOL My bators have been off and put up for some time. I now need to get a part time job to save money for building more coops and runs as well as soundproofing my yard
barnie.gif
as I am sure my neighbors aren't too fond of the constand crow off I have from those oh 10 roosters at least and most are teenagers...so I am at the point of having to make some choices and not sure what to do as we are only on a .75 acre lot...

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

woot.gif
smile.png

sad.png
)

~ Aspen

When you can have that many going or just the big ones... what does a person do with that many peeps/chickens? That's a huge number to raise up or are you selling them as peeps?​

Quote:
Took me a year to be able to block out the 3:30am crowing. My husband is wonderful and builds coops after much nagging. I have 2 outside brooders, and lots coops. I keep new hatched chicks in a cardboard box in my bathroom for a week sometimes two. Last chicks were moved to outside brooder 3 days ago. My husband told me today he missed the chicks in the bathroom when hes taking care of business. I said no worries there be more in 10 days
gig.gif

Quote:
I aspire to have more incubators like you.
lol.png
Very exciting to hatch the Coronation Sussex with her first egg.

A friend of mine's uncle went to an auction and bought like 11 GQF incubators and hatchers. He kept all the hatchers himself, but I bought two of the incubators. They both work great. They were made for hatching Emus, so they have large Emu hatching trays, which I can't use for my chicken eggs really but they work GREAT for my peafowl eggs!
thumbsup.gif
...I have all of my incubators but one in my room....
hide.gif
I couldn't be addicted, could I?
hu.gif
(
wink.png
)

~ Aspen

Quote:
When you can have that many going or just the big ones... what does a person do with that many peeps/chickens? That's a huge number to raise up or are you selling them as peeps?

Most of the time I keep all the chicks myself.
smile.png
Although, sometimes I do custom hatches. I've only filled one of the big ones up once, that was awesome!!
droolin.gif
clap.gif

Right now, I only have 14 eggs incubating...plus 4 eggs in the Brinsea.
sad.png
hit.gif
Awful
hit.gif
sad.png

This coming spring (2012) I am wanting to aproach some of our feed stores about letting me hatch them out some chicks, but we'll see. My incubators may be full by then, and I may not have the time.

I can't wait for September/October, I will be getting Lavender Orps, Bantam White Ameraucanas, and I don't remember what else!
lol.png
Oh, and I'm getting somemore Lavender Cochins and some Splash Cochins. Then I'll be getting some Lavender Ameraucana Bantam eggs from a different line to add to my small flock.

I bought some new chickens Friday: 6 more Coronation Sussex, 5 Buff Orpingtons, and 13 Black Orpingtons (Orps are all from Jody Hinkle lines). Once they start laying good, man oh man am I GONNA be in TROUBLE!
th.gif

The same man I bought them from has about 12+ Lemon Cuckoo Orps and he is going to sell me a trio for $200.00 when I'm ready for them!
ep.gif
th.gif
Super nice man, he has been helping me out alot!
thumbsup.gif
hugs.gif

~ Aspen

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom