Is anyone else feeling the desperation???

Quote:
Took me a year to be able to block out the 3:30am crowing. My husband is wonderful and builds coops after much nagging. I have 2 outside brooders, and lots coops. I keep new hatched chicks in a cardboard box in my bathroom for a week sometimes two. Last chicks were moved to outside brooder 3 days ago. My husband told me today he missed the chicks in the bathroom when hes taking care of business. I said no worries there be more in 10 days
gig.gif

lau.gif

~ Aspen

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
I aspire to have more incubators like you.
lol.png
Very exciting to hatch the Coronation Sussex with her first egg.

A friend of mine's uncle went to an auction and bought like 11 GQF incubators and hatchers. He kept all the hatchers himself, but I bought two of the incubators. They both work great. They were made for hatching Emus, so they have large Emu hatching trays, which I can't use for my chicken eggs really but they work GREAT for my peafowl eggs!
thumbsup.gif
...I have all of my incubators but one in my room....
hide.gif
I couldn't be addicted, could I?
hu.gif
(
wink.png
)

~ Aspen​

Why is it so addictive? lol I want more eggs even when I have eggs in my bator
gig.gif
Peafowl I'm resisting for now, but for how long I don't know. I see them and the're so beautiful. Had a neighbor with them when I was a kid and remember them being noisy. In my mind I say you don't want a noise waking you up everyday, and then a voice says how much louder can they be then a rooster outside your window
lol.png

I have over a dozen marans and almost a dozen Ameraucanas and a few Icelandics and no takers on using them for a test hatch.

Guess I'll make omelettes this week.

Quote:
A friend of mine's uncle went to an auction and bought like 11 GQF incubators and hatchers. He kept all the hatchers himself, but I bought two of the incubators. They both work great. They were made for hatching Emus, so they have large Emu hatching trays, which I can't use for my chicken eggs really but they work GREAT for my peafowl eggs!
thumbsup.gif
...I have all of my incubators but one in my room....
hide.gif
I couldn't be addicted, could I?
hu.gif
(
wink.png
)

~ Aspen

gig.gif
Peafowl I'm resisting for now, but for how long I don't know. I see them and the're so beautiful. Had a neighbor with them when I was a kid and remember them being noisy. In my mind I say you don't want a noise waking you up everyday, and then a voice says how much louder can they be then a rooster outside your window
lol.png

I'm going to be an enabler for a moment... I have 6 peafowl, 4 IB and 2 Whites. The only sound they make is a soft whistle. In breeding season I've heard they're noisy, but mine aren't grown yet so can't say yea or nay.
smile.png

~ Aspen

Well, down in Bradenton, FL, they have peafowl free ranging at the flea market, and let me tell you, they are LOUD! Makes the roosters sound quiet. Like guineas were so cute and quiet until they grew up Ker-choink! Ker-choink! Until you can't hear yourself think. I sold those real fast

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
gig.gif
lol.png

I'm going to be an enabler for a moment... I have 6 peafowl, 4 IB and 2 Whites. The only sound they make is a soft whistle. In breeding season I've heard they're noisy, but mine aren't grown yet so can't say yea or nay.
smile.png

~ Aspen​

Wonder if I can fool my husband and just say its some sort of fancy chicken
lau.gif
How long could I pull that off? Maybe long enough for him to become attached?

Why did I read this thread?! We're trying to hatch our first batch of 10 eggs. Candled them tonight and it looks like most will not hatch, if not all. DD is super sad. I want lots of chickens like you all yet we're only allowed 2 in our area. We were hoping for at least 2.

I have the chicken fever and want to try out all sorts of breeds. I'll just live vicariously through you all I guess!
wink.png

Quote:
smile.png

~ Aspen

Wonder if I can fool my husband and just say its some sort of fancy chicken
lau.gif
How long could I pull that off? Maybe long enough for him to become attached?

If you raise them from a baby they're such dolls!
love.gif
My olders IB peacock is so friendly, he will follow me around the yard and then squat down for me when I want to pick him up. Such an angel!
love.gif

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom