Is anyone else waiting for a chick order? CHICK PICS!!

LOL! My husband doesn't know about my order either.
hide.gif
But I doubt he will notice if I throw them in with my other 26 chicks. Even if they are half the size..... He isn't very observant. I just couldn't pass up .99 cent chicks with the chance of getting a silkie for my daughter. I am really hoping for a least one silkie, frizzle, or sultan. They rest of the breeds I don't really care for but sometimes they grow on you. Mine shipped out yesterday. I'm hoping to get a good variety. Soon I'm gonna be overrun with chicks! I have 3 7 week olds, 2 6 week olds, 4 5 week old, 25 1 week olds, plus I have the new order of 25 bantams and I have 42 eggs in the incubator due on the 28th.
jumpy.gif
Can anyone say chicken overload?

Yea... I did not get an e-mail from Welp today saying any of my chick choices weren't available, and they were due to ship today. Hopefully they'll be here early on Friday. Can't wait, this is my first hatchery order.

Darn it. Our weather has been beautiful, until last night. My chicks shipped yesterday so poor babies are in transit now. When I got up at 5:15 it was 31 degrees. 31?! Poor babies are gonna get a chill.

Soooo my order arrived at 5am this morning. I did a quick count and I think there are 27 happy chirping chicks and........ WE GOT SILKIES! I know they probably won't be the best quality but still .99 for a silkie for my daughter, you just can't beat that price. I will post pictures in a little while and then we can start guessing what they all are! I just wanted to give them time to settle in, eat, drink, and warm up before I started messing with them too much.
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

GothChick, that's awesome! You can't beat getting a silkie chick for 99 cents!
ep.gif
I have an order with MPC for 25 assorted pullets due to ship October 18th! I'm so excited and yet so nervous at the same time! This is the first time I have ordered chicks from a hatchery!
hide.gif
I'm just hoping for an awesome assortment because right now, my flock is mostly red....I'm looking for a rainbow flock!
pop.gif

I ordered the Rainbow Layers Assortment from McMurray (I was too cheap to order from MPC, LOL) a couple weeks ago and I got a great assortment. Hopefully you will have the same luck with MPC. I ordered mine for my great uncle. He has a little hobby farm and needed new hens but always overpaid and got them from the feed store so I told him I would order some online for him. I'm also raising them until they can go outside because he hates dealing with chicks. I normally do orders of 25+ when there are sales and then grow them out and sell the extras when I decided what I want. My chickens are illegal so I'm very picky with which ones I pick to have in my house. Luckily I convinced my grandmother to put a coop out on her yard in the country so I will have a legal chicken spot soon!

Yay for silkies!! I am hoping to have some in my bunch, too! I figured with 30 chicks, I should at least get a couple cochins and silkies. I am looking for female companions for my bantam cochin frizzled roo. Please post pictures when you can!

I think the majority of my chicks are silkies and cochins but I'm not possitive. Almost all of them have feathered feet. I am charging my camera right now and then will take pictures. They are sooo cute!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom