Is anyone else waiting for a chick order? CHICK PICS!!

Waiting to see pic.
wee.gif

We're waiting for chicks too!!!
wee.gif
Just split an order with a friend and I got 8 cornish x and 4 blr bantams on the way!!!
bun.gif

Yay!!!!
wee.gif

Edited to add: we're getting them from Ideal as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, the brooder is ready and oh so very empty. It needs chicks.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

100_2167.jpg

The truck from the city arrives at our little post office between 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. So hopefully I'll have a brooder full of babies by noon tomorrow.
yippiechickie.gif

Mine are supposed to arrive until next Wed-Thurs. but I'm getting the brooder ready today. I can't wait! I use an old pack and play that the grandkids wore out. It works perfectly, big enough for all of them and long enough for the chickies to be able to get away from the heat lamp when they need to.
We still have big changes in the weather down here, 80's during the day and 60's at night so there are challenges making sure that they're all happy and warm but not too warm.

Did I say, I can't wait!!!!!!!

edited to add: Checked the bank, the money's been taken!!! yay! They're really coming soon!!!
smile.png

Last edited:
I love how so many are complaining about it being cold. Really? LOL! Our definitions of cold are WAY different. I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts when it's 60 outside, and once it hits the 80s I have to turn on the fans. So trust me if my order of bantam chicks can make it in this weather about 20s-30s at night, I'm sure everyone else worrying about "cold weather" will be ok.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom