Is anyone else waiting for a chick order? CHICK PICS!!

Oh good grief. I knew I had 5 extra chicks, just due to the numbers, but had no idea what. Today when I was moving the box they came in I finally noticed a label on the side of the box. They'd originally printed each breed and the number. A couple numbers had been crossed off and a new number written by hand. Well okay then. My "extra babies" are; 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte and 2 Speckled Sussex. Hopefully in the next day or 2 while the chicks are still tiny I can sort them by breed, band them and take their group pictures.

They hatched Wednesday, arrived Friday and now, after 2 full days with me, all 38 are alive, no leg problems and they're all peeping, eating and drinking. Fingers crossed this will continue.

I love sharing everyone's excitement about their new baby chicks & see the pictures! We have some due to arrive from MPC Wednesday-ish: 1 buff orpington roo, 1 girl buff orp, 2 silver laced wyandottes & 2 golden, 1 Rhode Island Red & 1 Welsumer. We have a brooder set up inside a huge dog crate so my 14 yo daughter can get in & watch them without the cats getting to them. I'll post pics when they arrive!

Mine are coming in 5 days!!!
wee.gif

Quote:
Glad to hear that all your chicks are doing well. I was secretly hoping when my chicks arrived from Welp in September that they would toss in a few extras but they didn't. I am definitely going to order some new ones in the spring from them. With the recent posts of dying hatchery chicks, I will be sticking with Welp.

We ordered 50 Cornish Cross chicks that were hatched on the 6th we have 40 left at the end of week one. Not sure what killed the others they just seemed to not grow and die, it was like they didn't thrive. All the others are doing beautifully and are getting huge. It seems like each time we go out to see them they have gotten bigger it's amazing!!

Lily

Back
Top Bottom