Is anyone else waiting for a chick order? CHICK PICS!!

Good to know, GothChick; thanks. I was thinking (until now) that o might want to let them know at the Post Office. Guess I won't give it another thought ;-)

October 20th is the much-anticipated hatch/ ship date for my new chicks! I ordered 11 black Australorp pullets, and I was excited about the "males for warmth", until all the other postings I read where the "males for warmth" almost always ended up being Rhode Island Red Roosters and jokingly reffered to as "packing peanuts".

Then my neighbor wanted to add to my order, so I get to play foster parent to his 12 Rhode Island Red pullets, and when I called in to add to the order, the lady at Ideal told me that I would no longer get any "males for warmth", so I added two matching black Australorp roosters.

Then came the day I saw the October Bantam Special and now I have 25 bantams on their way too! I, too hope to pick out the cutest ones and get rid of the rest (and hopefully most of the bantam roosters!), but I doubt I will be able to let any go!

So, here I am, eyes gleaming in a very unnatural fashion, hunched over the keyboard at 10:00 at night, posting on a "waiting for chick" forum that I found because I was haunting the Ideal poultry site in anticipation of the arrival of my

11 Black Australorp Pullets
2 Black Australorp Roosters and
25 Assorted Bantams
(not to mention the 12 Rhode Island Red Pullets I will be fostering)

Lol same thing happened to me and I am now getting a HUGE order I split with a friend on Oct 20th from Ideal!!!
big_smile.png
Including Bantams!!!​

I am sooo in love with my bantam chicks. I never used to want any bantams but after getting mine from Ideal I'm tempted to order another batch! LOL!

I was surprised by how much faster my bantam chicks feather out compared to my standard breed chicks. I have month old mixed pullets from McMurray and they have almost the same amount of feather as my little week old bantam chicks.

Our chicks came today & keep scaring me because they just flop over & look dead. Then a few minutes later, they're up running around & drinking. I looked for sleeping chicks pics online & found a few where they were sprawled out like ours are. I still get nervous when they do that, though!

Quote:
They do look dead when they sleep. And they do just drop where they stand. Too funny... They wear themselves out playing, eating drinking, running etc and when the energy is gone, they are done.
lol.png

I am so very excited, I just received 2 rhode island reds, 2 barred plymouth rock, 3 golden laced wyandotte, and 3 speckled sussex.
they are so very cute. They all seem very healthy, and hungry.
I feed them the chick starter I had bought for them and gave them water, I have them under a light to keep them warm.
when I picked this breeds of chicken I did thinking on the eggs they will give us.
I am looking forward to that. I also plan to use the chicken poop in the garden to help fertilize it.
jumpy.gif
:D

Back
Top Bottom