Is hatching eggs supposed to hurt? IBW day 20!!!

cherndon712

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 1, 2008
WY
LOL...I'm on day 20 with Jody's BO eggs...I've had 4 people SWEAR they saw some rocking...So I stared so long I got a headache...And STILL didn't see anything!!

Last edited:
Well I was watching (again), bent over the incubator...Went to stand up and couldn't!! I have a sore back and hips now to go with my headache!!

you better let them hatch before you put yourself in the hospital lol
lau.gif

I was doing good, keeping busy, but people kept telling me they saw movement!! I couldn't help it, i had to look! Think they're shy?!

Hatching eggs is one of the hardest things I've done in a long time. I was SO tired at the end of each day. Still I'd get up 2 or three times a night to check on them. It was like a 2.5 day ordeal there at the last.

I was up till midnight last night, up at 6 this AM, and checking them every hour...Not even a PIP yet!! It's worse than labor, that's for sure!!

I'm starting to worry...I wish I could hear peeping or SOMETHING!! After that bad hatch with my quail...I kept the temp between 98-101 and humidity at 40-45...They LOOK developed...Maybe I'm just jumping the gun...But my 7 year old and 3 year old will be SO disappointed!

oh my god if your on day 20 your humidity needs to be at least 70%. If you have kept it that low your chicks might have trouble getting out of the egg, it will make the egg too hard to break through.

Back
Top Bottom