Is it just me? Have we lost a lot of members? Members posting differently?

And BTW, that wasn't a hijacking attempt. It was just an attempt to bug Red, just like Capvin's response was an attempt to bug me - all in fun!

EXACTLY>>>EXACTLY RIGHT....so all the more reason why I have no idea what Fuzziebutt is refering to. I seemed to have done something that offended and I really have no idea what that was (and believe me I generally always know when I have offended because it is always intentional). You are talking about cliques and I am not sure if you are insinuating that I am part of a clique that one needs to be a member of in order to join in the conversation but I have no idea what clique I could possibly be in and, more so, I don't know who it's members would be. I only have 600 posts in almost a year on this site and I have never felt hat one would be excluded from a topic that may interest them. I use this thread as an example. In reality it is entertainment with the added feature that you can be with people with a similar interest and can learn some things about raising chickens. I have been entertained..I have met some nice chicken people...and I really have learned a lot of raising chickens.

And that is not the only time that this occurs.
he.gif

Misinformation is worse than no information at all. It is frustrating to see misinformation handed out as if it were gospel. A problem that I have noticed recently is that if a question is posted and the answer is not what the OP wants to hear, ATTITUDE flares. I guess the bottom line is don't ask a question unless you want an honest answer.

Exactly! But even I wanted to prove Illa wrong when I just know I had a pullet and not a cockerel. LOL That woman knows her birds! I just really wanted him to be a her. haha

But somethings can be devistating to a person's birds and they continue to take the misinformation and then blame others for what goes wrong. Or they ask again for help, you offer and they end up changing to their liking. Don't always work in the case or raising chicks or hatching eggs.

well I am still kind of a newbie.. I've noticed that it takes a long time now before I get answers to some questions I post.

I see the same people all the time everywhere. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, you come to recognize them.

But at the same time... it's like they are the only people you EVER see.

I've noticed that they hang out in the breeds threads and the state threads more than any others

See that's just sad, because that's what BYC is all about.

I run the California thread, so I do go there. There are several for our state and I just needed one to be able to keep up, but I do move around, it's just me trying to figure out what I can help with at time. That and I just had surgery on my wrist and now have a plate and learning to use it a bit.

Most times everyone was able to get things answered. There are people here that are also running farms and businesses and just working or taking care of kids, so you can't expect and answer within seconds and sometimes hours, but when it's days and your post ends up to far back to be noticed it can be disheartening.

Back
Top Bottom