Is it normal for a peeped chick to stay still?

He’s fluffier now and has an interest in eating. I’ve moved him over to the brooder to dry out better as recommended. He’s got one toe curled, so I’ve taped up the foot. My only concern is that his heartbeat is so loud and hard. I’ve never hatched chicks, so I can only assume it’s a day one thing. I hear it from a distance like loud clicking View attachment 3037328View attachment 3037330
What a cutie! Use masking tape though, not regular clear tape. Clear tape has a stronger adhesive and you may rip his tender baby skin when removing it. Masking tape is much weaker. It’s also more flexible, and conforms to the shape of the toes better.

What a cutie! Use masking tape though, not regular clear tape. Clear tape has a stronger adhesive and you may rip his tender baby skin when removing it. Masking tape is much weaker. It’s also more flexible, and conforms to the shape of the toes better.
yes, perhaps OP could use some coconut oil or plain warm water to remove the tape? dipping his foot in the water might help the tape to come off?

Back
Top Bottom