Is it ok that my still air incubator.........

kelseygirl707

Dances with Chickens
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Lakeport, Ca.
Is it ok that my still air incubator stays around 100.9-101.3 all day but then goes down to 99.5-100.4 at night, I'm only getting like three hours of sleep a night, because I'm afraid of my temps dropping to low in the night, then I'm afraid to adjust it at night, because I worry that it will then heat up too much during the day if I am not around to re adjust from the night. I can't live on 3 hours a night, it's only been 3 days, and already I'm exausted! I plan to buy a Hovabator 1588 on friday when I get paid, and use my little giant I'm using now as the hatcher, but until it arrives are my temps ok? And I sould have better temp control with the 1588 right?

Thanks,
I know I ask a lot of questions, I just never thought hatching would be so nerve racking!
barnie.gif
thank you all for being so helpful.
hugs.gif

It should be fine. Eggs will still incubate in a still air at 99F but they may hatch late. That's why you usually run it 101-102 but it's better to be a little low than let it get over 102 frequently or for too long.

I have the same bator and it does the same thing. I am on day 11, just candled last night and have at least 25 out of 29 good. I was worried about the temp also but everything seem to be going ok. Good luck with your hatch!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Thanks for asking the question about temp. I have hatched many years ago and now doing it all again after saying I'd never do it again...
My temps actually are running at 100 F . I could only get it to 100 or 101.6 and assumed that 100 would be healthier then the latter.
I have a small fan in my bator, this is my first.
Good luck to you, how many days left???

I just got my LG still air bator , I got it to stablize so its always between 100-100.9 , so I put the eggs in and it of course droped down , this morning it was stable at 99.4-99.8 but when I put the probe in the water wiggler when I turned them it read 100.6 so Im crossing my fingers everything is ok for the 6 hours I am gone.
Good luck to you , I am sending you lots and lots of good hatching vibes

Quote:
Oh thank you all for the wonderful answers, I'm a teeny tiny bit more relaxed, LOL! I'm only on day 3, they go into the hatcher on March 26, they are due March 29th. I also Just bought some silkie eggs on the 24 hour crazy auction thread, and those will be going in the Bator as soon as they arrive.

Thank you all!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom