Is it possible for an egg turner to still work properly after someone takes out some of the trays?

Quacksalot12

Songster
5 Years
Feb 19, 2016
Is it possible for an egg turner to still work properly after someone takes out some of the egg trays?

I am incubating duck and chicken eggs together in one incubator (Little Giant Still-air incubator with the Little Giant Egg Turner). Since its the only incubator I have, I was wondering if the egg turner would keep turning the duck eggs, if I took out some of the trays, so that the chicken eggs can be stationary for the hatch.

Thank you so much for your time!

I haven't seen a LG turner but most of those type turners have mechanisms that turn all trays in unison. If the mechanism is intact, it may still turn. If not, it won't.
It's really pretty simple. The motor is attached to a bar that connects to each tray. If that bar is still attached to the motor and all the remaining trays, it should still work.
Can you post a picture?

That makes sense, thank you so much for replying! I can't get a clear picture of the turner without upsetting the eggs, but here is a picture of the same egg turner that I found through google. Thank you so much for your time! :)

Attachments

• eggturner.jpeg
    eggturner.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 6
Removing a few of the cup bars there should not inhibit the movement of the remaining ones...BUT...I'd test it before starting and incubation.
Testing one of these is tedious BTDT, plug 'er in and then take a pic every hour or two to record position, keep track of your pics by making notes of time they were taken.

Back
Top Bottom