Is it really a NY state law???

Quote:
I do raise rabbits now and I purposlly never have them available at Easter. I use to work in a shelter and about 1 month after Easter is when all the Easter babies started coming in. Its just sad. I could make a killing at Easter but I am not in it for the money. I love all the animals.

Didn't we have a revolution in the United States about 1776 or so over stupid idiotic oppressive laws? I don't think it was just over tea taxes..........

Quote:
Our revolution was over illegal laws and taxes. Unfortunately, we have allowed all the taxes and intrusions that our forefathers (and mothers) would have thought unimaginable. I remember seeing a figure for the total tax rate in 1775 compared to ours. I don't remember the number, but I remember that I was stunned.

Quote:
As a native Tarheel, let me tell you, New York ain't got nothin' on us. We are the welfare state. We have taxes upon taxes, they nickel and dime us to death. It amazes me that the same liberal crooks are elected time after time after time, then we complain about the taxes. The only thing you'll gain by moving here is wonderful weather and nicer folks. I guess that's good enough. Just don't try to change us, ok???

Quote:
Well, as a native North Carolinian, I can attest to the fact that there are alot of New Yorkers hear in the Raleigh area. That's why we affectionately refer to the town of Cary, "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees"

That's Ok though, my brother just married a great gal from upstate NY.

In Illinois, I recently bought 12 chicks (6 at two different stores) because I wanted 2. Their minimum was 6 per store. At one of the stores, I had to sign an affidavit saying I had bought at least 6 chicks and that I didn't live in the town the store was because they have an ordinance against having chickens!

Quote:
th.gif

Quote:
In TODAYS dollars the total tax burden for every American was $20! That is accounting for inflation. Did Congress even get paid then?? If being a Congressman or Senator were voluntary and could pass no legislation that could any way benefit them financially.........maybe only honest people would run?

In 1775 they didn't have:

municpal water
trash pick up
paved streets, with lights
sewers
electric power
universal free education through high school
buses to school
rules for clean water and air
etc

In 1775 they did have:

slavery