Is it safe to eat her?

Well, we got them for meat/eggs. I dont think my husband would want to invest a lot of money in her...he's also avoiding going out to cull.

What were your suggestions?

Edit: I tried bringing her in, a week or so ago, and let her swim in a warm bath. Gave her more peas, which she loves. Thats when she started to improve. But now she won't even eat peas...
I'll tag some experts, we'll see what they say. @Miss Lydia @Isaac 0
Who long has she not been eating? Can you make her food a mash offer that to her, maybe by spooning some into her beak? What peas were you offering? Fresh peas, frozen canned peas? If they were fresh and hard, it may have been to difficult for her to eat them, so she decided not to.

Well, I went out to check on her. Was thinking of bringing her inside and trying the tub again but...she was dead. Died right next to her nesting sister, so at least she wasn't alone.

Feel like I failed her.

That may settle the question of whether to eat her. I would not advise eating an animal that died of unknown causes.

Are you still interested in saving her if others can offer advice, or are you set on the cull?
Well, we got them for meat/eggs. I dont think my husband would want to invest a lot of money in her...he's also avoiding going out to cull.

What were your suggestions?

Edit: I tried bringing her in, a week or so ago, and let her swim in a warm bath. Gave her more peas, which she loves. Thats when she started to improve. But now she won't even eat peas...

Back
Top Bottom