Is my chick sleeping or dying?

All of us are very, very sad when a baby chick dies. The fact that it was dyed green told me that the person selling the chicks didn't know anything about them, or cared to even try to learn. Chicks grow up to be chickens that give us eggs and love. They are intelligent and affectionate creatures, and it's sad some people don't understand this.

Raising chicks to be pets or to lay eggs is very rewarding and not hard at all. We're here to help when you want to give it another try.

Darling, most of us, at some point in our lives, have fallen for a baby animal at its cutest and have failed it because we had no idea what we were doing, be it a fish or a hamster or a chicken chick. The fact your friend put you in this situation unprepared is heartbreaking, especially with the outcome dof the situation. But please please please don't be hard on yourself, from what I understand of these dyed vendor chicks is that they aren't the strongest to begin with and it takes an experienced keeper to make one last long enough to grow. You did the right thing looking for help and you did everything you could! :hugs

Also, don't let this sour you to chicken ownership, with a bit of research and a bit of preparation, they make wonderful companions that provide eggs as a bonus! Ask anything you want to know freely, this forum is fantastic, and even those of us that have experience are still asking, so theres absolutely no shame in it! :love

Back
Top Bottom