Is my egg alive?

Sh4dyblu3

Hatching
May 17, 2017
Copperas Cove
I don't think it will hatch. I'm extremely new to hatching duck eggs and I had found a stray one in a parking lot (thanks to some kids no doubt) and when I candled it, it was alive. It's been a month. I just recently found out that the egg is suppose to be rotated and misted and so I started doing that. I checked it just now and there's movement inside the egg but it's been a full 30 days since I found the egg. Is it possible that when I started rotating, it came back? I don't know. I just know that there's movement inside the egg, like pulsing or really quick movements. And I think I see a little foot.

Oh my goodness. Poor thing!

Is there any way to get pics of the candling? And if it's been that long, yes, stop turning and raise humidity...though somebody that late term might need some help (don't try to help it just yet unless you've read a lot on helping).

Are we sure it's a duck egg?

Do let us know!

I'm pretty sure it's a duck egg. The parking lot that I found it in was a six minute walk from the college pond and it was too small for a goose egg.
14950139494661095012666.jpg
14950139494661095012666.jpg
14950139903281109052549.jpg

Could it be a muscovy egg? (I don't know how big they are but know they take 35 days) or temperature too low?

I'm not sure. There were all sorts of ducks at that pond but it's possible. I had the box beside my lizard heat lamp and it kept the temp around 90. Right now it's under my brooding heat lamo and it's around 100.

How long was it at 90? That is too low if it was for the whole incubation which would explain the delay, unfortunately it is likely to have caused some development defects too from what I have read :( sorry to say that , I just think you should be prepared, but hopefully someone may give you some more experienced advice on what to do if it does hatch x

Back
Top Bottom