Is someone POISONING our pets?!?!?!?!

DragonEggs

Songster
9 Years
May 11, 2010
Borger, TX
I sware if they are they will be in for some poisoning of their own..... LEAD POISONING!

Things have just been going really weird around here. We have 3 dogs and 2 cats. All of our dogs were potty trained when we moved in here and the 2 cats are indoor cats.

All of a sudden the dogs started getting sick. My Saint Bernard throws up a lot and has diarrhea. The other 2 dogs can't seem to hold it anymore and go in the house a lot and it's usually runny.

One of the cats snuck outside once a couple of weeks ago then started losing weight rapidly and quit eating and going to the bathroom. We had blood work done and found out she's suffering from liver failure and we are having her put down this week.

The only animal not sick is the only one who hasn't been outside.

What the HELL is going ON!?!?!?!

We've been having problems with our neighbors since we moved here. They think my Saint Bernard is dangerous (PSSHT!) were tapering with our mail, have called the cops on us a couple of times for false complaints, not to mention the whole calling zoning and commissions about my chickens. They have just harassed us non stop for the past 2 months. Could they really have taken it THIS far?!

I have no proof but I am taking my Saint Bernard to the vet friday to have a stool sample tested. We ARE trying to move, we just can't afford it......

Thanks for hearing my rant, but I'm honest to God truly worried.......

Maybe have them do a blood test as well on your St. Bernard... I would hate to think that someone would poison them...that's terrible

Hi, I'm new here. You may want to google Giardia. I haven't dealt with it but I do know it can cause diarrhea. Hope you find out soon what is going on!

The most usual type of animal poisoning is rat poison, golden marlin, and antifreeze. look up the warning signs of those 3 poisons in dogs and cats and see if they match up. if they do - I wouldn't wait till Friday I would call and see if anywhere would take and do the bloodwork and stool sample before and work out a payment plan for you ASAP. if they have been poisoning and its been going on awhile unfortunately I hate to say thing but the dogs may very well go the road of your poor cat and have to be put down due to organ failure. I have been there myself with a neighbor - had them take off cats and dump them god knows wear and then sneak onto my land and poison my dog with antifreeze laden hamburger (antifreeze was culprit figured they did the age old anti soaked burgermeat) I also wonder if they weren't the ones who threw the sick roo out in my yard with my flock and got them all sick though I don't think they were that smart. needless to say losing my job and having to move in with my dad was a godsend after those people.

For godsakes I hope they haven't been poisoned by neighbor - because it won't end happy at all no matter what - any of those 3 chemicals above is a death sentence to an animal. I hope at worse its a case of them having gotten into something themselves and just getting the bellyaches.
hmm.png
I would CLOSELY search your yard for any benign pieces of trash or rat bodies in your yard. Watch your dogs closely upon going outside, do not let them out unattended, tie them on a 20 ft lead at your back door and do not let them roam the yard unless you are watching them. Do this until you get the results of your St. Benard's tests back. This would be 1. for your peace of mind and 2. will insure that they are less likely to get ahold of something again.

Try getting some children's nausea/stomach medicine and give the dogs the smallest dose of that everyday and see if that helps them keep food down and settle their stomachs some. If its just a bug or something it SHOULD help...

We already informed the post office of the mail situation and they sent them a first and final notice of violation stating that another violation would result in a warrant for their immediate arrest.

Is your yard fenced? Do you share a common border with these neighbors??

It' stinks to have problems with neighbors ...
hugs.gif
.. but rule out other causes first .. giardia sounds like a likely culprit..

Hope you find out what's going on ...

Take the dog to the vet ASAP! It is nothing to be messing around with and if it is poison and you can prove they did it, then it would be another offense to the list.

Good luck!

Definatly don't let the dogs out of your site in the yard. Do a full walk through of your yard to see if they tossed something over. Even if you're watching your dogs, they could scarf down something in the yard before you can even reach them to stop it. It may also be a good idea to teach your dogs food refusal. (See a professional trainer for this)

Another thing to mention... do you have a pond or have you taken them swimming in one, or is there any standing water they could get into? There is an algae that is highly toxic to dogs.

Hope your dogs get better. Sorry about the cat and bad neighbors.

I wouldn't put it past your neighbors to poison your animals.

Do you have any idea why they don't like you so much? You might be able to get the government involved.

My neighbor threatened to poison my chickens, and she did starve her cats and then put them in the chicken run so that they would eat my chickens!!! we trapped and reloctaed all of the cats, but not before they killed 6 chickens. my other neighbor threw rocks at the windows because we called animal control on their dog that was running loose in the streets.

Back
Top Bottom