Is there a way to turn off the stuff on the right hand side?

Easiest thing I did, put post it notes on the right side of the monitor screen!
lau.gif

I've tried that too and it does not work for me but it worked for the front page of the BYC sections.

Ok I did some playing with some stuff that I have loaded on my computer and I found that if you are using AdBlock it will kill that right bar.
I killed the right bar all together along with the BYC chicken in the upper right hand corner. The form runs a better, now I am off to see if I can find a way to change this Blue color.
roll.png

Chris

I don't think GFMs have the ability to change it, I sure tried. Those recent reviews sure are annoying...I don't keep chickens, I hang out here for ducks and other animals, and the chickens are all they seem to be talking about. Kind of like someone talking on a cell phone in the booth next to you while you are trying to have conversation with dinner companions...
hmm.png

I do apparently have the ability to turn off ads as a GFM. Click the brown "My Profile" tab at the top of the page, then click "Edit account details." Scroll down to the bottom, and check the box under advertising preference that that says "Turn off advertising."

Note: I have not done this because the ads are not bothering me.

Ok I did some playing with some stuff that I have loaded on my computer and I found that if you are using AdBlock it will kill that right bar.
I killed the right bar all together along with the BYC chicken in the upper right hand corner. The form runs a better, now I am off to see if I can find a way to change this Blue color.
roll.png

Chris

How did you do that? With AdBlock I don't see ads anywhere on the interwebs, and I found how I could turn off the graphic in the header (I turned it back on, I like it) but I didn't see how to block the sidebar.

Chris, do you have to download the ad-block? I officially hate coming to this site because of the lagging and junk on the right. Definitely will only be checking a few threads at all until stuff is finished and fixed.

I do apparently have the ability to turn off ads as a GFM. Click the brown "My Profile" tab at the top of the page, then click "Edit account details." Scroll down to the bottom, and check the box under advertising preference that that says "Turn off advertising."

Note: I have not done this because the ads are not bothering me.
Done that one which it is fine but its the Tabs and Recent reveiws is what's bugging me. So post it notes helped or you can use a piece of cardboard, tape it on backside of computer, flip it down when you use it on here and then flip it backward when you go other websites or still use it for FB feed threads or the "ticker feeds".

Chris, do you have to download the ad-block? I officially hate coming to this site because of the lagging and junk on the right. Definitely will only be checking a few threads at all until stuff is finished and fixed.

Are you using Google Chrome, IE or Fire Fox?

Chris

you can use a piece of cardboard, tape it on backside of computer, flip it down when you use it on here and then flip it backward when you go other websites or still use it for FB feed threads or the "ticker feeds".
Leave it to someone from Decatur to come up with a really flashy high-tech solution like that!

yesss.gif

How did you do that? With AdBlock I don't see ads anywhere on the interwebs, and I found how I could turn off the graphic in the header (I turned it back on, I like it) but I didn't see how to block the sidebar.

It woks the same way as blocking a unwanted ad.
Put the cursor over the Right Bar then Right click, select AdBlock and follow the instructions. Right Bar No More...

Chris

Back
Top Bottom