is this a chicken??

OMW...welcome Michael. Your website is hysterical! Have honestly been sitting here busting a gut laughing. You might want to type "Chicken Diapers" into the search engine here, if you want to return Chicken Little to the home lifestyle that he has become used to having.

Your customers at the shop will think you have lost it for sure when you buy some of these for him.

OK, could he be any cuter?

He obviously knew what he was doing when he picked you to be his momma.
lol.png

I love that he and the cat get along. That's hilarious. Obviously, you don't need to know a whole lot more than what you've learned by doing - he's growing well, and looks really healthy! congrats

That is really a sweet story. Welcome to the board. If you want, you can become a chicken expert in no time. But judging by Chicken Little's home, you've done very well. Boy, he sure has alot of feed bowls!
Has he ever had any vanilla yogurt? Try it.

He's cute
smile.png

I also think he's a silkie. To be sure, look at the number toes; if it's five, it's a silkie. If it's four, it's not a silkie.

seminolewind,
the reason for all of the bowls is that we like to travel a bit and he needs to have enough food to get him by for at least 10 days at a time when we do.

when i was building his cage i went over to petsmart to buy a book about chickens. surprise, no books on chickens but lots on other birds. i flipped through the bird books and all of them talked about birds getting bored real easy and that a mirror would occupy their time. well chicken little loves his mirrors. one of them has a motion sensor and a voice recorder. i recorded him a message and everytime he goes and looks at himself in that mirror he gets a message from momma.

purplechicken,
he actually thinks he is a cat. since he was raised with the late great "jeanie rat" the cat he just assumes that is what he is. he even learned to purr from the cat. when he is sitting in my lap and gets settled in he just purrs away.

smnytx,
he tried to get along with the dog but always stayed a fairly leery. the dog never paid any attention to the chicken other than to acknowledge he was in the room.

lyndatu,
he is an official six toe chicken.

thanks folks,
michael

Last edited:
Chicken Little is a great little chicken! I love this story. It made my day.

Congrats to both of you for finding each other.

Back
Top Bottom