is this a chicken??

michaelvcrowder

Songster
12 Years
Nov 26, 2007
gainesville georgia
howdy folks,
i am new to chickens. this bugger showed up a while back and i have been trying to raise him to the best of my ability. you can see the story of chicken little on my website. the direct link that takes you straight to the chicken is:

http://www.crowderinc.com/chickenlittle01.htm

when he was younger.

chickenlittle078.jpg

all grown up and working on a hemi motor.

DSCN0011.jpg

my question is this. what kind of chicken is he. i have been super surprised at how smart a chicken can be but apparently i ain't smart enough to figure out what he is. i didn't even know he was a boy chicken until he started crowing.
thanx,
michael

Yeah its a chicken. Its a bantam of some sort because of the feathers on the feet, I don't really know what it is. Its nice to see a fellow Georgian on BYC. Welcome!!

Last edited:
What you got there is a male, rare asian ground parrot.

Naw, that's just an inside BYC chat joke... it's really a chicken - a silkie rooster to be specific.

Silkies are a type of bantam chicken - bantams are smaller varieties of chickens, usually kept as pets or for show, or just for fun.

Do a search at the top of the page for 'silkie' and you'll find lots of threads about silkies with pics, etc.

I've got 10 of the little evil heartbreakers in my brooder at the moment - check out the chickNCam link down in my signature line...

Welcome to the BYC fun!

I love the website, It looks like Chicken Little knew what he was doing when he picked you to be his person...I'm glad you stopped your truck and took him under your wing (per se)

Good job!

man, that was fast.
ya'll folks must apparently like chickens. what has amazed me about chicken little is the amount of attention he has gotten since i posted the pages on my website. i actually have folks drive from other states to visit him. i have installed a webcam in his cage that i can view from the office but i ain't figured out how to pipe it though my website yet.

i have realized that i don't know enough to take proper care for him so i did a little google searching and found this website this evening. i am going to be a regular question machine for a while until i figure out actually how take care of the chicken. i have picked up some good info from the faq but will need to ask some specific questions to gt me all squared away.
michael

Nice looking paridge silkie there. Has pretty good foot feathering too. He edges abit on the red side of coloring though. Looking good! Maybe it's time to get him a bunch of 3-4 girls too!
lol.png

silkiechicken,
folks keep suggesting i get him at least a pair of girl friends but he seems pretty content. i would hate to get him all flustered with a woman. i figure since he ain't never met a girl chicken he doesn't know what he is missing. he thinks i am his momma and he seems to get along good with everyone. don't want to throw him off of his even keel.
michael

of course i don't know what he really wants cause he don't speak english.

Jazzchicken....just for your info....there are full-size chickens that have feather feet and legs too....not just bantams.

Michaelvcrowder....Cute little roo. He looks like he's very happy helping you work on motors.

Back
Top Bottom