So I just got this chick about 12 weeks ago, and she and a bunch of others were marked as "Starlight Green Eggers" which I had never heard of, but they laying info seemed plentiful so we got one.
Now I am wondering if technically she is an Easter Egger. She looks just like one to me.
I don't know if "Starlight Green Egger" is just a type of EE but that seems like an answer.
Can anyone explain?
View attachment 2195771View attachment 2195773
Also, we are working on expanding the coop. I know it is small for 5! They are still young RN...
Hi. I also purchased the Starlight Green Egger. I got mine from Hoover’s. They’re 9 weeks old. I also purchased Welsummers with the same batch and still to this day cannot tell them apart. Possibly a slight difference in chest color. Anyhow, it looks like you have the SGE. I have a light colored one as well. They vary based on what breeds are crossed. I’ll attach photos of both of my color variations. The one on the right is a wyandotte, second from right it my light SGE, and the two on the left are the darker possible SGE. I’m highly confident my brown egg later crossed with the bluebell was a Welsummer😆

Attachments

• A312B162-9F0A-415E-A615-9C17495B765D.jpeg
    A312B162-9F0A-415E-A615-9C17495B765D.jpeg
    854.3 KB · Views: 17
I don't think that member is active anymore but the bird is a hen.
Thanks! It’s comb is huge, that’s why I asked. I have a 5 week old starlight green egger and I’m worried it might be a rooster due to the comb size but if they get combs that size then there might still be a chance mine is a hen also. Thank you! Here’s a pic. It’s the white one.

Attachments

• B6AF2E23-0661-4AD1-A155-5FD32A6D500C.jpeg
    B6AF2E23-0661-4AD1-A155-5FD32A6D500C.jpeg
    495 KB · Views: 18
Can I ask, why you think it’s a male? Im trying to learn the distinctions.
I would say male because of how large the comb and wattles are, and especially because of how bright red the comb and wattles are, at such a young age.

Even when a pullet has a large comb at that age, it tends to be pale in color instead of bright like that.

Back
Top Bottom