Is this a female Barred Rock?

Hollya1

Hatching
Jun 16, 2022
I bought this bird as a baby chick from tractor supply. Supposedly it’s a female but it’s 4 months old and now s/he is starting to make these sort of half-assed crowing in the morning. It’s not a full cock-a-doodle-do; it’s sort of half of that. S/he is rather large but I wasn’t sure if this is maybe just a large breed. S/he doesn’t have the poofy tail but it’s so large and vocal I thought maybe it was male—in which case, he’s gotta go. Can anyone help determine the gender?
Thanks
IMG_2085.jpeg

I bought this bird as a baby chick from tractor supply. Supposedly it’s a female but it’s 4 months old and now s/he is starting to make these sort of half-assed crowing in the morning. It’s not a full cock-a-doodle-do; it’s sort of half of that. S/he is rather large but I wasn’t sure if this is maybe just a large breed. S/he doesn’t have the poofy tail but it’s so large and vocal I thought maybe it was male—in which case, he’s gotta go. Can anyone help determine the gender?
Thanks
View attachment 3588054
Sorry, that is a rooster.

That is neither a female or a Barred Rock. Look at my Avatar, I know he is a mutt and even he looks more Plymouth than your guy. Now look at the saddle feathers on your boy.

He is a rather good looking boy though. Are you not allowed to own a rooster?

Back
Top Bottom