Is this a full blooded Cochin?

S/he means that hatchery birds are of low quality, so she is saying, they are only full blooded if you got them from hatchery quality birds.

And I agree, they don't look too high quality, so I would say unless they are from a hatchery/feed store, or stock that derives from a hatchery or feed store, they probably aren't 100%

They are cute, and look like pure Cochins to me. But, I'd agree they either came from a hatchery or were bred from hatchery stock.

Cochins should look like feather covered basketballs. They should have wide backs, a low stance, a big, round cushion (their ball of tail feathers), heavily feathered shanks and feet, including the middle toe, and a whole bunch of other things. Will them being low quality be an issue? Not unless you're planning to show them. They'll make excellent pets and they'll probably lay pretty well since hatcheries are big on egg production. The hen will probably make an excellent momma to, if you like to hatch. If you don't, you might be unhappy with them. My little Cochin goes broody all the time :)

Enjoy your cuties!

Back
Top Bottom