Is this a rooster?

What am i going to do with all these roosters? These two make 6 plus a male duck! I'm really suprised i ended up with roosters because i usually get my chicks from Rural King and they have always been hens before. Probably the only two roosters Rural King has ever had and i ended up with them! Lol! When should i sell them and for how much? I was going to sell my 18 week old rooster awhile back but he has gotten really friendly so i decided i would sell him when he started causing problems.

How many hens do you have? Can't help you on price up there. If you plan on selling them, I'd do it as soon as you can, because it is often difficult to find a buyer for extra cockerels. So start looking now.

About 50. My 3 adult roosters and male duck stay in large crates in the hen house because they are too aggressive. When there isn't chicks in the chicken tractor i put one of them in there for a few days and switch them out.

You can have six with that many hens. If your adult roosters are so aggressive you can't let them be with the hens then get rid of them. No use in keeping three roosters like that.

Every time i let my roosters out somebody gets hurt! Last time, i let one out and he ran straight over to the other rooster cage to fight. I can't get rid of them. I don't know anybody that wants 3 elderly roosters! lol

Every time i let my roosters out somebody gets hurt! Last time, i let one out and he ran straight over to the other rooster cage to fight. I can't get rid of them. I don't know anybody that wants 3 elderly roosters! lol

If I were you I would cull them. Either find someone that wants them or kill them and have a nice dinner. Depending on how old They are you may not be able to just eat them as they are. Old birds are better in soups.

Back
Top Bottom