Is this caused by rooster?

Thank you - I think she might be his favorite. They are all laying except one or two are on break for the winter. She lays almost every day. I will check out the saddles and get her one asap!

Thank you - I think she might be his favorite. They are all laying except one or two are on break for the winter. She lays almost every day. I will check out the saddles and get her one asap!

Hens who dont lay wont let the roo mate them so he will give the others more attention once they start laying againg the problem should get better

This is a follow up question, how long will it take for her feathers to grow back to normal? I've had the hen saddle on her since I bought it and luckily she does not mind it. Her feathers don't look that different but maybe a tiny bit better.

This is a follow up question, how long will it take for her feathers to grow back to normal? I've had the hen saddle on her since I bought it and luckily she does not mind it. Her feathers don't look that different but maybe a tiny bit better.

They may take quite a while. I read that when the feathers are broken off (as opposed to being pulled clean out) they may not grow back until next molt. My girl is at the tail end of her molt now and her back has filled in nicely :).
I'll try and get a pic.

Back
Top Bottom