Is this CRD? Chronic Respiratory Disease?

twinkids*tripletchicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 18, 2011
I noticed my 4 week old chicks sneezing 4 days ago. I think it's sneezing anyway. It started right around the time when we switched food and the new food is kind of dusty. Could it be that or are they about to get really sick on me? We already did the cocci thing and they seem to have recovered from that. They are all active and eating and I am not seeing anything abnormal in their poop now.

Thanks for any feedback.

I have one 4 year old Buff Orpington that has always sneezed around any kind of dust. She sneezes around dusty food, when she takes dust baths and when she scratches in dry dirt. This has gone on all of her life ~ the others sneeze too, but not as much as Nugget does.

Chickens are pretty sensitive. Once I sevin dusted my flock inside my shed coop, and was careless. I threw the stuff around like mad. I didn't even wear a mask.
sickbyc.gif

The dust was EVERYWHERE! I felt completely sick myself- that day and the next day.

One of my chickens was wheezing the next day. That made me feel so guilty. Now I sevin dust outside. But that goes to show you that their respiratory systems are very sensitive to irritation from external irritants.

The wheezing lasted the day but was gone the next day.

Back
Top Bottom