Is this duck okay?

Pics
It looks pretty much the same as it did in my other pics. I could maybe get a better picture if I had someone else to hold her down. Its definitely got the yellow waxy stuff around it. I'll give her another round of salty water and neosporin before bed and ill get her a whole tub full of salty water tomorrow. I still wish there was a better place for me to get her. I'm thinking about trying to find a used large dog cage near me, but one of them that is mostly plastic so she can't hurt herself on the bars. With her in the tub I know I am disturbing her sleep at night because every time I went in to use the bathroom last night I could hear her hissing at me through the curtain.

She got her beauty sleep interrupted lol. I’d not keep up with the salt water, just to clean out the wound then use the neosporin from now on. If she drinks the water with salt in it she may get dehydrated. A large plastic dog crate would be good I used them for brooder too with out the top.

Okay I got it no salt baths. Should I still pour the salt water over it before doing the newsprint? I found a 4x4 coop on Craigslist that I might get and put her in but its a bit more money than I would like to spend so ill try to find a big dog crate, already sent in a few offers ill see if anyone accepts. If I can't get a good deal on a huge dog crate ill get the coop, suppose it wouldn't hurt to have an extra just in case.

Last edited:
Also. I've had a 4 cup measuring cup filled with water in there for her. All day today it seems she only drank about 1 cup. Should I be concerned about that? Seems like it might not be enough? She does only weigh 3 lbs at the most so I guess maybe it's enough but I'm not sure I read somewhere that ducks need to drink 4 cups a day

Last edited:
Okay I got it no salt baths. Should I still pour the salt water over it before doing the newsprint? I found a 4x4 coop on Craigslist that I might get and put her in but its a bit more money than I would like to spend so ill try to find a big dog crate, already sent in a few offers ill see if anyone accepts. If I can't get a good deal on a huge dog crate ill get the coop, suppose it wouldn't hurt to have an extra just in case.
Do you do Nextdoor? Where I live there are often free crates and large mesh pet playpens that have ceilings. It would be hard to clean, but maybe it would work for a temporary solution.

This was an amazing read. You are doing a great job! And, I didn't notice if hits was mentioned or not, but is the 4 cup measuring cup big enough for her to dunk her whole head in? Sure you know that they need to dunk there whole heads to clean out there sinuses. Just checking! This is very cool! Great job, that duck is very lucky!

Back
Top Bottom