Is this egg dead?

bangarain

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2015
Vermont
It’s day 22 and this egg has been silent, with no movement, so I candled it to see what’s up. My 2 other babies hatched three days ago, and are perky, healthy babies, so I’m thankful for that! I was hoping this one was just a late bloomer, but I have a bad feeling. :hmm

I totally get it. It's sad to see a perfect, fully formed baby just die like that.
Having healthy little ones definitely helps though.
That's exciting! What breed? I hope you have a great hatch with them.
No problem, sorry I couldn't give you better news! Enjoy your two little ones and good luck with your next batch!
They’re Ameraucanas! These are my two healthy babies, Cabbage and Kale. 🥰
B5D367BA-3FD9-45CB-9B15-1287026FF1AC.jpeg

12DDD0DA-1A83-4227-A95D-E8082ADEE10A.jpeg

Thank you!

Unfortunately, you're right.
You can open it up just to be sure though. Make a hole in the air cell area until you can tell.
If you don't want to do that, you can just toss it, it definitely looks like a quitter to me. Sometimes they're just not strong enough to hatch for whatever reason. Congrats on your other two babies though!!!
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I’m a bit heartbroken - it’s worse when it’s this far along - but I’m absolutely in love with my other two. I’m also ordering one more round of eggs this season, (next week, actually!) so hopefully I have luck with those. Thanks again!

It’s day 22 and this egg has been silent, with no movement, so I candled it to see what’s up. My 2 other babies hatched three days ago, and are perky, healthy babies, so I’m thankful for that! I was hoping this one was just a late bloomer, but I have a bad feeling. :hmm

Unfortunately, you're right.
You can open it up just to be sure though. Make a hole in the air cell area until you can tell.
If you don't want to do that, you can just toss it, it definitely looks like a quitter to me. Sometimes they're just not strong enough to hatch for whatever reason. Congrats on your other two babies though!!!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I’m a bit heartbroken - it’s worse when it’s this far along - but I’m absolutely in love with my other two. I’m also ordering one more round of eggs this season, (next week, actually!) so hopefully I have luck with those. Thanks again!
I totally get it. It's sad to see a perfect, fully formed baby just die like that.
Having healthy little ones definitely helps though.
That's exciting! What breed? I hope you have a great hatch with them.
No problem, sorry I couldn't give you better news! Enjoy your two little ones and good luck with your next batch!

Back
Top Bottom