Is this fowl pox?

Yes I did. I didn’t see anything abnormal. I was worried at first it would be bumble foot or something on top of fowl pox. He’s sticking his one leg out and kind of hopping around. I didn’t feel anything protruding that would indicate a broke bone. He lets me pick him up. He is able to stand.
Give him 500 mg Tumeric or a children's Aspirin (81mg). If the limp improves or goes away, it is an injury.

He doing anything off with his head?

While Marek's is a possibility as it can be triggered by stress of another illness, it could also be from something as simple as a really hard peck to the chest.

Feel his leg and foot for a hot spot to find any possible fractures or sprains.
I will check him over again in a bit. I didn’t notice anything the last two days when I’ve looked him over. Nothing going on with his head other than his comb lesions. He was standing more than he has in the last day or so just by keeping him in his crate and limiting his mobility

I will check him over again in a bit. I didn’t notice anything the last two days when I’ve looked him over. Nothing going on with his head other than his comb lesions. He was standing more than he has in the last day or so just by keeping him in his crate and limiting his mobility
It's pointing towards an injury. If it were neurological, he wouldn't want to stand much at all.

Agree. And how he got injured is a mystery.. always something over here. What is the best way to dose with turmeric or baby aspirin? In the water? Or in treats like scrambled eggs?
Aspirin, show it to him. He might just eat it.

If your Tumeric is a capsule, pop open his beak and pop it in the back of his beak on the right side. They'll swallow it.

Thank you!!
No. It's a single dose and 81mg is appropriate. It's a diagnosis tool.
Update: I believe it is an underlying neurological issue causing his lameness. His right side has not improved. And his right pupil is dilated and fixed. It won’t react to light or retract in any way. It also appears his overall eye socket is slightly protruding from his face unlike the left. Not sure what is going on but we will likely have to put him down since his quality of life will not be the best. Just sucks because the fowl pox part cleared up nicely. 😞

Update: I believe it is an underlying neurological issue causing his lameness. His right side has not improved. And his right pupil is dilated and fixed. It won’t react to light or retract in any way. It also appears his overall eye socket is slightly protruding from his face unlike the left. Not sure what is going on but we will likely have to put him down since his quality of life will not be the best. Just sucks because the fowl pox part cleared up nicely. 😞
He may have an infection. Some can cause blindness or a limp. Fowl Pox can weaken the immune system allowing a secondary Infection to set in

Back
Top Bottom