Is this Lavender? New Pictures!

KinderKorner

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Southern Illinois
I've been wanting Lav silkies for a while. But I couldn't seem to get a hold of any around here. I hatched several batches of B/B/S eggs with the Lav gene mixed in. And after thinking a few of the splashes were lav and being disappointed when they weren't I just gave up on the idea of hatching Lavs. Well today when I was moving my newest silkie hatch outside to the bigger brooder. I realized one of the chicks were off color. I had assumed the chick was a splash from the beginning. Even though it was more of a sky blue and yellow color.

Upon furture inspection It was for sure not a splash. Nor does it even look close to the blues. I couldn't believe it. Was it possibly I got lucky and got a Lav chick after all, and didn't even notice.
th.gif

Now I am even more worried about moving the chicks out tonight. I hate moving babies out. But knowing that there may be a lavender baby I'm really anxious. lol. They should be fine. It's staying in the 80's and I just checked them. But still.

Here is the baby in question. I looked at feather shafts the tops are white. But the bottoms do look dark. :
celebrate.gif
But I am no expert.

lavv.jpg

Here it is with a blue on the left, a white in the middle.

lav2.jpg

Last edited:
looks lavender to me, but i think some blues can be very light? im just getting started with lav and bbs, so probably wait for other opinions
smile.png

Lines are Bobbi Porto, George M, Alan Standford. I think. And some others I am missing.

Wow. Awesome! I'm so excited now.

I will try not to get too over eager. Just incase it turns out to be a light blue. Which I think are almost equally as beautiful.

This is a keeper for sure! Thanks

It looks too dark to be a lavender to my eyes. It appears to be a light blue. According to Bobbi, I think she has separated out those of her birds that carry the lavender genes and is selling those separately now. Time will tell for sure if that is a lavender or a blue.

New Pictures!

colorh.jpg

Next to a blue. Big difference there. Lighter.

color2k.jpg

Next to a Splash. Again different. Darker.

Gah I'm so confuzed. It looks to dark to be a splash or a lav, and too light to be a blue.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom