Is this normal?

cluckintexan

Chirping
Apr 30, 2017
Joshua, Texas
I've had my chickens for a little over a month now, I'm not completely sure how old they are, but I have one that doesn't look quite like the others. She is the only one that doesn't have tail feathers, and she seems to have a bit of a hump on her back. back. [GALLER[/GALLERY]

She's the one closest in the photo.

Attachments

• IMAG0154.jpg
    IMAG0154.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 12
She's so pretty!
No I wouldn't worry at all!
She's definitely a pullet! So no worries!
Some chicks just don't get tail feathers till a little later than others.

May I suggest what I would do for the whole flock.
Glenda L Heywood
I have used my WET MASH PROBIOTIC RECIPE for this kind of chickens growing feathers.
For this problem I recommend my wet mash probiotic with yoguart be given.
I prefer to use the wet mash probiotic that includes chicken feed, yoguart and milk with applesauce
because chickens will eat the yoguart completely in the wet mash where as some chickens will not just eat yoguart and it gets on their beaks, of which then they throw it away when cleaning the beaks
as you will notice if standing too close to them eating the yoguart

So read on down where I give the recipe
some advice for helping the chicken get over molt and growing in new feathers.

today I would see if the chicken will eat a wet mash with the Vitamins E and B complex and selenium: I would fix it for all the chickens, as it will stop he hens picking on the one with less feathers also. The vitamins will help their bodies become adjusted to the wet mash probiotic mash.

(-B) THIS IS FOR ONE CHICKEN
natural probiotic wet mash
2 tbp of dry crumbles
1 tbsp flax seed meal (the kind people take)
3 tbp of milk sweet, sour or buttermilk
1 tbsp of non flavored yogurt
2 tbsp of apple sauce
put it on top so the chicken can smell and see it
mix good and put the
vit E liquid as directed in the wet mash
and crumble the Vit B complex tablet in a tabsp and add to the wet mash
Crush the selenium tablet alo add to t mash
**BESURE AND MIX VIT'S VERY GOOD IN WET MASH***

(C Do this once a day for 7 days to see if the chicken is better
then do this once a day for another week.
NOW TAKE OUT THE VITAMINS AND ONLY ADD VITAMINS ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS.
Now feed the wet mash probiotic mash then twice a week for life of chickens
this should give the nervous system some stability and cure the bad E.coli in the gut
(D) they should clean it up in 20-30 minutes
this will help them get good gut flora
also put 2 tbsp of ACV in gallon of water and keep giving them this water for a week straight
then give it 3-5 times a week for life
(E) ALSO FEED WET MASH PROBIOIC RECIPE TO THE HEALTHY CHICKENS.
multiply the amount times the amount of chickens being fed the wet mash probiotic recipe without the vitamins As directed up above.

Some chickens are rumpless, especially the true auracana chickens that easter eggers and ameraucana chickens come from. Since all chickens are mixed somewhat, she may have just displayed some genes from way back in her pool. There probably is not anything to worry about as long as she is thriving.

She acts like all the other chickens, so maybe it is one of those weird throwbacks that happens on occasion. They are ISA brown sexlinks, so I would have thought that they would all look the same to some degree, but who knows lol. I was just worried because of the hump looking thing on her back. Maybe the others have it, but it isn't as noticeable because they all have tail feathers.

Back
Top Bottom