Is this shrink wrapped?

smileygreen64

Chirping
Oct 4, 2016
Southeast Alabama
I am having trouble hatching. I think they are shrink wrapped. I have a seperate hatcher I move the eggs to for lock down. I had good hatches when I first started but my hygrometer was way off when I tested it and now I don't know what my humidity actually was. The incubator and hatcher are both old cabinet incubators. I have a bucket on top of the hatcher with a small tube that runs inside. I don't open the hatcher and I have tried humidity from 60-80%. I thought that was where my problem was but now I think its happening before they are moved to the hatcher. I usually run my incubator around 40%, but I bumped it up to about 55% for the eggs in there right now.

Can the eggs get shrink wrapped during the first 18 days?

I have some more eggs I am going to try and use the weight loss method with. I am going to track my humidity and weights and hopefully I will find the problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Its getting very discouraging at this point.

I will post a picture of an egg when I can get it to work. Its not loading for me for some reason right now.

Here is a picture of an egg.
Screenshot_2017-06-15-09-45-22.png

Here is a picture of an egg.
View attachment 1043262

No, that is not shrink wrapped... that is a healthy white membrane and the wrinkles are normal... remember, they turn around for hatching causing the air cell to dip, that is stretching the membrane which causes the wrinkles...

True shrinkwrapping is when the membrane separates entirely from the shell all around below the air cell area...

Some are and some aren't. Thats what they all look like that I opened. They still have large veins and the yolk sacs aren't absorbed. It is day 23 on this batch.

Your temp is too low... if yolks aren't absorbed by day 23, that is temp not humidity...

Have you calibrated your thermometer?

Back
Top Bottom