Is this stool normal?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chkn15, Nov 29, 2015.

1. chkn15

chkn15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2015
    [​IMG]

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this poop is normal. Today my hen started acting off. This is what her stool looks like and her feathers are puffed I her back and she keeps like clenching her hind end. I checked to see if she was egg bound and she's not.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    How old is your hen, and does she normally lay eggs often? Has she even layed soft eggs, or had any break inside? Is she eating and drinking well? I'm not an expert on droppings, but to me it could be droppings from an internal layer, or one possibly with coccidiosis or worms.

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Not normal. Can you take her to a vet?

-Kathy

4. chkn15

chkn15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2015
    She is 26 weeks old. Until yesterday late afternoon she had been fine. She has been eating and drinking. I checked her to see if she was egg bound. I'm not sure if she is laying or not. I have 9 hens and have been getting 6-7 eggs a day.

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    The color looks a lot like mine do when they have a bacterial infection. Can you post a picture of your hen?

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by