Is this the crop?

All gone this morning.
Thank you, everyone.
20200716_094302.jpg

Yeah, this one was firm like a rock.
Not squishy like the hens.
Do they have grit? Can you put the food and water away tonight and see how that feels in the morning before it eats or drinks? If it is still hard like a rock you may be dealing with an impacted crop.

I noticed that exact thing on several of my chicks. When I posted a thread, I was told that sometimes in chicks, the crop is in that weird spot. They are all back to normal. Check to see if there's a crop in the normal spot. If not, then the answer is obvious. If you have two "crops", however, you definitely have a problem.

My chicks crops have always felt like half a ping pong ball stuffed under the skin.

Check it in the morning first thing, if it’s still there you might have an issue brewing.

I’m betting it’s close to evening and she’s stuffed herself for bed time. My girls gorge themselves ten minutes before hitting the roost.

Just uploaded.
Yes, that's the crop.
I don't have a diagram of that.

Would it be solid hard with like hard spots? It had just ate pellets
Yep, you can feel the pellets, I can even feel crumble in mine if they've just filled it up.

My chicks crops have always felt like half a ping pong ball stuffed under the skin.

Check it in the morning first thing, if it’s still there you might have an issue brewing.

I’m betting it’s close to evening and she’s stuffed herself for bed time. My girls gorge themselves ten minutes before hitting the roost.
Ditto Dat!

Back
Top Bottom