Is this Wry neck? How can I fix this? Please help

Guinea girl 123

Chirping
Jul 25, 2017
Hello everyone. I have 4 Guinea Keets here that the mother abandoned. I picked them up yesterday morning, a few hours after they had hatched. I moved the guinea hen and her 20 babies into my baby coop. These 4 were left kicked out from the nest and already had flies on them, barely hanging on. I picked them up, set them up in brooder. This morning, one is fairly healthy. Walking around just fine, eating and drinking(all the way to the right 2nd pic) the other 3 I believe have wry neck. I have read a little on it but am not sure. They can not balance, and sleep either laying down or standing up and leaning against the blanket with necks back. (pictured 2nd pic). I have been giving them nutri drench (2 drops per 16oz water bottle) not sure if that is enough. I’m worried about them not being able to eat, they try but can’t quiet. They are drinking though. What more can I do to help? :( thank you so much!!!

If you posted pics, they didn't come through. Is the one with possible wry neck having trouble keeping its head level? Does it seem to have balance issues? Vitamin E 400iu with a sliver of selenium once a day until symptoms disappear is the treatment.

Nutri-drench water formula should be 1/4 teaspoon to 16 oz water. Give the small ones finely minced boiled egg or mashed tofu or wet chick feed with a little Nutri-drench over the top.

D70B40C9-4DB7-44E7-B1AE-CC1BDA736A3A.jpeg

478D90BE-E1F9-42A5-9629-06A8D1D01E48.jpeg

Thank you so much!! I’m going to try this. How many days should I do this and how many times a day if you don’t mind me asking? Also yes they have trouble balancing and walking around they just topple over that why I have kept them in a cuddle puddle.

"Cuddle puddle", I love it!

One whole capsule vitamin E 400iu opened and given to the chick by beak. Once per day. The selenium just a bit shaved off the tablet and dissolved in a little water and given into the beak once a day.

In addition, you can give one undiluted drop per day of Poultry Nutri-drench, a powerful formula that will energize the chicks without it needing to go through the liver.

Amazing! Thank you so much. They seem to be getting stronger by the day. Again thanks for being such great help. It’s is so very appreciated, I don’t know what I’d do without this website lol.

Back
Top Bottom