Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Hopefully! I don't know if it works like that, or they just see a bigger meal :/
Unfortunately it doesn't work the way a lot of youtubers or bloggers make it seem. Geese are very protective of their own young and each other and are pretty good at spotting hawks. But they don't speak the same language as ducks and chickens and usually aren't capable of fighting off a predator. They're a lot of bluff and not much fight.

I have some and I love them. They're absolutely awesome, don't get me wrong. I just don't want you to be disappointed for not protecting your flock.
I appreciate that. I just want to be able to get the ducks out of the enclosure and not feel completely irresponsible doing so. DH hasn't put any traps out yet for the mink, for one thing. But I would consider doing the netting like I said, but I'd need to sell him on that, which I know is not foolproof, either. But it would keep them closer to the hut at least so it should be easier to get them back in at night, since that's what was happening before, they would just get stuck out in the middle of a pond and not want to come in...

@TheDawg
ra1802dsc84a1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom