Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

I mean, Duckie is a runt but I’m putting my money on her against that wild mama pig. Duckie will kick her ***
Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

My dad always picked out the runts when he went looking for piglets to fatten for processing. Not the super skinny ones, but rather the ones that were born small. We would feed them a quart of cows milk each, morning and evening for two weeks, along with normal pig feed. It always gave them a super boost towards growing and fattening.
Isa and Duckie like...
all stars lol GIF by Lifetime

That's exactly what I was gonna try to do! Snatch one after it goes through the fence
That's the only way you're going to get one away from her.
She's supposedly half wild pig
dan levy comedy GIF by CBC

I think she's a bit higher than that though. I wouldn't fiddle fart with her at all.
That's no way to get a pony.
Wat indeed. Since no one asked, I'm going to give the answer about cattle anyway.

'The aurochs declined during the late Holocene due to habitat loss and hunting, and became extinct when the last individual died in 1627 in Jaktorów forest in Poland.'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurochs

200px-Tur_ZHerberstein_pol_XVIw_small.jpg
200px-Copenhagen_Zoological_Museum_Aurochs_bull.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/groups/811592909017815
287709151_5355355377843495_1154963696731194704_n.jpg

There are several groups working on an Aurochs revivification project. Same with the Quagga.
248991061_2663942623902218_1526944004063363171_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/quaggaproject
Who's the genius that figured that out
amy poehler snl GIF

Her inbred neighbors, I assume.
I mean, Duckie is a runt but I’m putting my money on her against that wild mama pig. Duckie will kick her ***
I have money on the pig. lol

I would not mess with a domestic sow with piglets, even if she knew me, without being extremely cautious. Forget a feral cross.

Last edited:
Only trimmed one horse today (in flip-flops 😬)

Look at the dam hives.
View attachment 3441689
If you can, take Allegra. Best antihistamine for hives. And you can also take Pepcid AC, it's a histamine 2 blocker. So you would be blocking all the histamines

I would not mess with a domestic sow with piglets, even if she knew me, without being extremely cautious. Forget a feral cross.
We are covered up with them here. I was scouting in summer for deer and ran straight into a Sow and 2 piglets when they popped on to a game trail in some swampy thick growth. Nothing on me but my buck knife sheathed on my side. She literally ran right into me. The piglets immediately ran away. She was so startled it gave me enough time to draw my knife and I bashed her in her hard head about 2-3 times. She just froze and looked at me for a few seconds that seemed like a lot longer, then, turned and ran off.

I stood there crouched down in a fighting stance for awhile 🤣 freaking the beep out. Then, went back to the truck, home, and checked my pants.

Back
Top Bottom