Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Yeah, realistically I know you’re right but I would still probably be upset
Of course you would be. But are you going to risk your life digging stuff out of storage that you haven't looked at or used in years because you will miss it? I certainly hope not

Ok mandatory chicken content time. This girl has been sitting in the nest box almost constantly for at least 3 days. I didn't get a chance to observe her Friday or Saturday so I don't know about those days. Her comb is a bit purple and flopped over, when it's always been red and fairly upright.

View attachment 3531744

I picked up and there was no obvious weight loss or weird bumps or lumps or creepy crawlies, and she was certainly active while I was trying to hold her. She's not a "pick me up" kind of bird and was not happy about it. She squakwed at me for a solid few minutes afterwards and then was growly and grumpy. Pecked and scratched around bit, had a bit of water, a couple bites of grass just outside the open run door and then went back inside the coop. Another odd thing is she's been puffing herself up like this. She's quite slender like a leghorn, not broad or plump at all.

View attachment 3531755

So do I have a broody on my hands, a potentially sick bird, or just a pmsing chicken?
Broody. She wants to make cockerels for you.

Paperwork. Birth certificates, marriage and professional licenses are harder to replace than you think.
All insurance policies, photos of everything. Medications and paper scripts. Bank records, checks (cash),
Before Katrina, DW and I were starting travel nursing. Every position required full documentation each application. So I started a 3 ring binder for each of us. We were selling AND buying a house so all that paperwork went into an accordian folder. We were adopting DD so she got a folder.
When we decided to 'bug out', everything went into a duffle bag and into the Jeep. I was the ONLY one who had All the papers I needed.

Of course you would be. But are you going to risk your life digging stuff out of storage that you haven't looked at or used in years because you will miss it? I certainly hope not
Nah, I wouldn’t risk my life to save it or anything but if I had more time, I think I might try to. If I knew I wouldn’t be in danger. It sounds stupid but I know all my animal stuff like leashes and toys and that sort of thing can easily be replaced but the merch can’t and it’s taken me years and years to collect it all so yeah. I know realistically it’s not important and at least I’d be alive so like… I wouldn’t risk my life to save it or anything but if I had time, I think I would try to only because music is hugely important to me almost more than animals and I’d be really sad losing all that limited edition stuff. But in short, no, I wouldn’t die saving it.

Paperwork. Birth certificates, marriage and professional licenses are harder to replace than you think.
All insurance policies, photos of everything. Medications and paper scripts. Bank records, checks (cash),
Before Katrina, DW and I were starting travel nursing. Every position required full documentation each application. So I started a 3 ring binder for each of us. We were selling AND buying a house so all that paperwork went into an accordian folder. We were adopting DD so she got a folder.
When we decided to 'bug out', everything went into a duffle bag and into the Jeep. I was the ONLY one who had All the papers I needed.
Oh that's a good point, I completely forgot the paperwork in my list

Back
Top Bottom