Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Paperwork. Birth certificates, marriage and professional licenses are harder to replace than you think.
All insurance policies, photos of everything. Medications and paper scripts. Bank records, checks (cash),
Before Katrina, DW and I were starting travel nursing. Every position required full documentation each application. So I started a 3 ring binder for each of us. We were selling AND buying a house so all that paperwork went into an accordian folder. We were adopting DD so she got a folder.
When we decided to 'bug out', everything went into a duffle bag and into the Jeep. I was the ONLY one who had All the papers I needed.
I think my dad has all the paperwork somewhere. This is a good point about meds though. I need to grab all my millions of meds if we ever had to leave 😭

Paperwork. Birth certificates, marriage and professional licenses are harder to replace than you think.
All insurance policies, photos of everything. Medications and paper scripts. Bank records, checks (cash),
Before Katrina, DW and I were starting travel nursing. Every position required full documentation each application. So I started a 3 ring binder for each of us. We were selling AND buying a house so all that paperwork went into an accordian folder. We were adopting DD so she got a folder.
When we decided to 'bug out', everything went into a duffle bag and into the Jeep. I was the ONLY one who had All the papers I needed.
If you have kids, help them pack a bag. (0r you might have all tennis shoes and hats.) Heavy on underwear, outer clothes can be re-worn.
I can't stress enough; bring computers, board games, DVD, entertainment for the kids. Once they get bored they will drive EVERYONE CRAZY and you need to focus or sleep.

That's gonna be hard when there isn't one to start with. Guess she goes in broody jail!
I have put them in broody jail, and it will work after a few days. I had this one girl that was going broody a good bit. I got tired of doing it. I just started taking her out of the nesting box and putting her in front of feed. She would eat and drink a little bitching and complaining and then jump back in the nest. Then, I got tired of doing that and would just take any eggs from her everyday as soon as I could. That worked the best. She would snap out of it a lot faster that way. Every time I have had one since it works usually in 3 or 4 days. Sometimes up to a week max

If you have kids, help them pack a bag. (0r you might have all tennis shoes and hats.) Heavy on underwear, outer clothes can be re-worn.
I can't stress enough; bring computers, board games, DVD, entertainment for the kids. Once they get bored they will drive EVERYONE CRAZY and you need to focus or sleep.
You make excellent points. 😁

I have a duck ton of band merch. It’s all in storage so I don’t even really look at it but I still think I would miss it. Most can’t be replaced since they broke up or limited runs or whatever.
I know it isn't the most important things to bring BUT sentimental value counts too. I would see how much of the best of it can be packed into a waterproof container and IF you have room, take it.

Back
Top Bottom