Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

What happened?
It's so stupid and it's my own fault. TLDR You can't actually give b*ches stitches unless you want to get yourself arrested. 🤷

For starters, I guess there's just a lot bubbling beneath the surface. His grandpa just got released to home hospice, so we have to try to visit him before he passes. My cousin out of state is also on a ventilator on his last, and I'm not sure how I will even be able to travel for that funeral when the time comes because I have no one to look after my birds. And we are broker than broke right now. All part of being a contractor's wife, but anyway we just charged like stupid amount of $K on PIPE to do this job that hopefully they turn around and pay timely on, because that will be great, but in the meantime we are completely over extended and it's crazy stressful. Amongst other stressful things.

So last week or two ago the ATM ate my debit card so I had to go back and get it, which resulted in me Finally today making a special trip out (during banking hours) just to retrieve it. I decided to do some returns too, bc obviously free up some money back in my bank account right now is a good thing, too. Meanwhile the close UPS store closed, so the one we have to go to now is always packed and has a teeny tiny little tight parking lot. It's gross.

As I'm about to pull in the phone rings and it's the lady from the bank, whose computer apparently froze and she needs my DL information again so she can complete the card return transaction. I ask her to hang on a second while I pull in to a spot next to a Silverado who is parked right on the line. I debate just winging right in and blocking the other spot because they are so tiny and this lady is waiting on my phone, but I don't. Anyway as I'm pulling in some low tree branches start scraping my roof and I'm like Ah! Wth let me just park and get this woman off my phone.

So no sooner have I hung up, but this lady rolls up next to me in like a Honda with this ugly B-word look on her face, and rolls down her window like she's trying to start a fight. Which she is. She's telling me learn to drive and a this crap and I just don't take kindly. I really don't. I realize I was a couple inches over, but she had a little car and she was fine. Instead of me being able to lead off with, I'm sorry it's so tight, can you open your door? Which is what I was ABOUT to say, it just turns into a shh show.

Now I'm not about to cuss. She's walking off to the UPS store with her dog and like, egging on a couple of Spanish dudes walking by in the parking lot, like, do you see this? Look how she's parked? Why is she driving such a big truck? Why is she in the road at all!?? Etc. So I got out of the car.

It went downhill from there.

But I did not cuss!!! And I did not punch her in the face, which is what I wanted to do. Luckily, my babies slept through the whole thing, but needless to say, that pretty much ruined my day.

And I was *wrong* for parking 3 inches over the line. I realize that. And I have no business driving a pickup truck on the East coast. It's true. What I initially said to her was basically she didn't need to be like that, because she knew she was rolling up on me like a B. I also said to her, it doesn't cost anything to be nice to people, you have no idea what someone's going through etc. But obviously she didn't care.

Oh! And if anyone out there is still on her side, like yeah, Chippy probably is a terrible driver and has no business out on the road, or should just go buy herself a Tesla, she actually opened her door ALL THE WAY and tapped my truck with it ON PURPOSE! Just to get a rise out of me. Like as if I care about her dinging my truck, but what I care about is kindness. And just her whole attitude was completely uncalled-for.

And I am not yet saintly enough to have responded like my truly angelic self, apparently. 🙈🙈🙈 Whoops.

Oh hush, you love ducklings
I do love ducklings. ❤️

It's so stupid and it's my own fault. TLDR You can't actually give b*ches stitches unless you want to get yourself arrested. 🤷

For starters, I guess there's just a lot bubbling beneath the surface. His grandpa just got released to home hospice, so we have to try to visit him before he passes. My cousin out of state is also on a ventilator on his last, and I'm not sure how I will even be able to travel for that funeral when the time comes because I have no one to look after my birds. And we are broker than broke right now. All part of being a contractor's wife, but anyway we just charged like stupid amount of $K on PIPE to do this job that hopefully they turn around and pay timely on, because that will be great, but in the meantime we are completely over extended and it's crazy stressful. Amongst other stressful things.

So last week or two ago the ATM ate my debit card so I had to go back and get it, which resulted in me Finally today making a special trip out (during banking hours) just to retrieve it. I decided to do some returns too, bc obviously free up some money back in my bank account right now is a good thing, too. Meanwhile the close UPS store closed, so the one we have to go to now is always packed and has a teeny tiny little tight parking lot. It's gross.

As I'm about to pull in the phone rings and it's the lady from the bank, whose computer apparently froze and she needs my DL information again so she can complete the card return transaction. I ask her to hang on a second while I pull in to a spot next to a Silverado who is parked right on the line. I debate just winging right in and blocking the other spot because they are so tiny and this lady is waiting on my phone, but I don't. Anyway as I'm pulling in some low tree branches start scraping my roof and I'm like Ah! Wth let me just park and get this woman off my phone.

So no sooner have I hung up, but this lady rolls up next to me in like a Honda with this ugly B-word look on her face, and rolls down her window like she's trying to start a fight. Which she is. She's telling me learn to drive and a this crap and I just don't take kindly. I really don't. I realize I was a couple inches over, but she had a little car and she was fine. Instead of me being able to lead off with, I'm sorry it's so tight, can you open your door? Which is what I was ABOUT to say, it just turns into a shh show.

Now I'm not about to cuss. She's walking off to the UPS store with her dog and like, egging on a couple of Spanish dudes walking by in the parking lot, like, do you see this? Look how she's parked? Why is she driving such a big truck? Why is she in the road at all!?? Etc. So I got out of the car.

But I did not cuss!!! And I did not punch her in the face, which is what I wanted to do. Luckily, my babies slept through the whole thing, but needless to say, that pretty much ruined my day.

And I was *wrong* for parking 3 inches over the line. I realize that. And I have no business driving a pickup truck on the East coast. It's true. What I initially said to her was basically she didn't need to be like that, because she knew she was rolling up on me like a B. I also said to her, it doesn't cost anything to be nice to people, you have no idea what someone's going through etc. But obviously she didn't care.

Oh! And if anyone out there is still on her side, like yeah, Chippy probably is a terrible driver and has no business out on the road, or should just go buy herself a Tesla, she actually opened her door ALL THE WAY and tapped my truck with it ON PURPOSE! Just to get a rise out of me. Like as if I care about her dinging my truck, but what I care about is kindness. And just her whole attitude was completely uncalled-for.

And I am not yet saintly enough to have responded like my truly angelic self, apparently. 🙈🙈🙈 Whoops.

I do love ducklings. ❤️
Ugh, what a nightmare.

I do love ducklings. ❤️
Ummm be careful out there. Road rage stuff be crazy now days

Back
Top Bottom