Isn't this a form of animal cruelty ?

BruceAZ

Songster
May 18, 2016
Valley of the Sun :)
0.jpg

why would people bother having dogs if they will not let them inside the house or providing proper shelter in this 115-120 heat?

even my chickens are treated much better than these people's dog

i wish a blackout would occur and there's no electricity to that house.. let see how they like it when there's no AC under the Arizona sun

Last edited:
In my mind yes. My dogs go in and out all day but for now Sacramento is experiencing a heatwave 100+ and no way in hell are they allowed to stay out doors!!!!

I tell them potty fast cause your but is in! My German shepherd loves to lay in the hot sun, I told him today what are you thinking get your rear in here dude it's too hot and he put his head down and loped in and dropped himself to the floor with a heavy sigh like I tortured him.

I go out 4 times a day and make sure the chickens waters are refreshed, the shaded areas watered down, the fan is still running in the coop and check if anyone is having probes.

I have a hen with 1 chick and I let her out in the morn but pull her indoors around noon and she gets cranky with me but dang it.... She and her little boy are black!!! Sheesh!

In my mind yes. My dogs go in and out all day but for now Sacramento is experiencing a heatwave 100+ and no way in hell are they allowed to stay out doors!!!!

I tell them potty fast cause your but is in! My German shepherd loves to lay in the hot sun, I told him today what are you thinking get your rear in here dude it's too hot and he put his head down and loped in and dropped himself to the floor with a heavy sigh like I tortured him.

I go out 4 times a day and make sure the chickens waters are refreshed, the shaded areas watered down, the fan is still running in the coop and check if anyone is having probes.

I have a hen with 1 chick and I let her out in the morn but pull her indoors around noon and she gets cranky with me but dang it.... She and her little boy are black!!! Sheesh!

4 times ? about the same time as me

I'll check my chickens in the early morning and clean out the water buckets in the coops

around noon i'll fill their waterer with ice cubes

and let them out around 6PM so i can clean the coop and run

then lock up around 6:38PM..

it's the same routine each day..

this is bad.. since what would i do if i'm on vacation ? i doublt a sitter will put as much time and effort as i am. :/

Bruce,

No one will ever take as good as care as you will. Today in Sacramento is a high of 105. I just added 2 8x 5 tarps /wetted those areas real good and put out watermelon chunks. Will be turning on the mister under the apple tree in a half hour. If I were to list all I do for them especially during heat waves the page would be filled.

it's a good thing that the chickens we have can tolerate the heat well

i tried various things but turn out it's best to cool the ground wet so they can lie on and cool/ice water

i tried pans of water but they are standing/pooping and drinking from it.. so it's not a good idea

Back
Top Bottom