Isn't this the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?!

Which RCom thread is that? Keep in mind that they have made some significant upgrades to the RCom units. The humidity used to be a sponge that would fall apart all the time. Then they switched to a heated rod. Now it's some kind of super fancy heated element that is in the water that precisely controls the humiditiy. This latest upgrade is what sold me on the unit. I've actually had my RCom 20 about two weeks, only six days to my first hatch. And I've had my RCom 50 just a few days, still 18 days to hatch on that one. I'm working on another RCom 50 as I have a line of customers waiting for my chicks to hatch! I have more eggs that I can hatch right now and more customers than birds LOL.

Someone on BYC started a thread for their RCom and few other people jumped on with theirs and almost all of them had problems with it. If you did a search for RCom quite a few threads come up.
So with what you paid for the 20 and 50 you could have bought a Sportsman or Dickey. Why didn't you go with a cabinet model instead? (Just wondering)

This was the thread I was talking about: RCom
In all the other threads I have read the RCom worked great for awhile and then started having problems maintaining temp and the fans would quit. If I am going to be paying a few hundred $$ for something I would want it to last more than a few months.

Just curious, what breeds are you planning on hatching?

I'm going to just stick with Rhode Island Reds for now. My chickens run with my llamas in a big fenced in arena, about a half acre area. If I got another breed they would interbreed with my RIRs so I'd have to put them in separate runs and then would have more work. I'm trying to keep it simple and easy!

Interesting. I have just started researching incubators and hate to hear of the ones where you spend big money and it goes to crap. We have a few game hens and use them as incubators because they are broody and thats really all they are good for. Now that they are getting older we are looking at incubators.

Anyways subscribed to see future results.

Back
Top Bottom